Marenco Swisscopter is working on the second prototype of their SKYe SH09 helicopter, and have already registered it HB-ZXB with the Swiss authorities.
P2, as it is known, will be rolled-out this year and will become the main flight test vehicle as it incorporates all latest improvements and modifications. These have been developed from the learning process from the first prototype – all part of the process to fine-tune a new aircraft type in applying the necessary changes which have been flagged up from testing of the components and the ground and flight testing of the aircraft itself.
In line with the project plan, the flight-test program at the Swiss airfield of Mollis is currently hold. This part of the development ensures that the engineering teams are able to focus on the improvements required for the second Prototype. Mathias Senes, the Chief Commercial Officer of Marenco, confirmed to HeliHub that the top priority in the past few months has been the testing of a new Main Rotorhead and also a new generation of blades on Marenco’s whirl tower test-stand.
At the appropriate time, the first prototype will be modified to the updated configuration of P2 and will then return to its ground and flight testing campaigns.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work