Marenco Swisscopter is working on the second prototype of their SKYe SH09 helicopter, and have already registered it HB-ZXB with the Swiss authorities.
P2, as it is known, will be rolled-out this year and will become the main flight test vehicle as it incorporates all latest improvements and modifications. These have been developed from the learning process from the first prototype – all part of the process to fine-tune a new aircraft type in applying the necessary changes which have been flagged up from testing of the components and the ground and flight testing of the aircraft itself.
In line with the project plan, the flight-test program at the Swiss airfield of Mollis is currently hold. This part of the development ensures that the engineering teams are able to focus on the improvements required for the second Prototype. Mathias Senes, the Chief Commercial Officer of Marenco, confirmed to HeliHub that the top priority in the past few months has been the testing of a new Main Rotorhead and also a new generation of blades on Marenco’s whirl tower test-stand.
At the appropriate time, the first prototype will be modified to the updated configuration of P2 and will then return to its ground and flight testing campaigns.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation
- HAL completes hot and high trials with LUH in Himalayas
- FreeFlight Systems radar altimeters now STC approved on Airbus H125
- Nakanihon Air reinforces utility capabilities with new H215 order
- Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant launches a certified process simulation facility
- Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant updates stamping and machining equipment