Marenco Swisscopter is working on the second prototype of their SKYe SH09 helicopter, and have already registered it HB-ZXB with the Swiss authorities.
P2, as it is known, will be rolled-out this year and will become the main flight test vehicle as it incorporates all latest improvements and modifications. These have been developed from the learning process from the first prototype – all part of the process to fine-tune a new aircraft type in applying the necessary changes which have been flagged up from testing of the components and the ground and flight testing of the aircraft itself.
In line with the project plan, the flight-test program at the Swiss airfield of Mollis is currently hold. This part of the development ensures that the engineering teams are able to focus on the improvements required for the second Prototype. Mathias Senes, the Chief Commercial Officer of Marenco, confirmed to HeliHub that the top priority in the past few months has been the testing of a new Main Rotorhead and also a new generation of blades on Marenco’s whirl tower test-stand.
At the appropriate time, the first prototype will be modified to the updated configuration of P2 and will then return to its ground and flight testing campaigns.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot