Selex ES has received an order from prime contractor Finmeccanica – AgustaWestland to provide a suite of electronic warfare equipment for eight Lynx Mk21A aircraft used by the Brazilian Navy. The company will provide its SAGE electronic support measure (ESM) along with the company’s defensive aid suite (DAS) controller and a third-party countermeasure dispensing system.
SAGE is an electronic warfare system for RF intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions. In this installation, SAGE will provide a wideband radar warning capability that is primarily aimed at platform protection; the DAS controller will use this to cue countermeasures. In addition, SAGE will provide a narrowband fine angle of arrival and geolocation capability that is primarily used for surveillance/intelligence purposes. For the Lynx Mk21A, combining SAGE with the Selex ES DAS controller and a countermeasures system effectively provides a flexible and extremely affordable defensive capability for the helicopters.
SAGE has previously been provided to the Republic of Korea for the country’s Maritime Operational Helicopter (MOH) programme and Indonesia for the Air Force CN-235 maritime patrol aircraft. It is also in use with the UK MoD. Interest in the SAGE system is high due to the increased recognition that in future conflicts, forces may have to face advanced radar-based threats employed by more advanced militaries. Due to Selex ES’s heritage and experience in electronic warfare and its large product portfolio, the company is Europe’s leader in the field and is poised to meet this demand.
As with all Selex ES electronic warfare equipment, the system will come packaged with electronic warfare operational support (EWOS) tools for mission data programming and replay. This will allow the Brazilian Navy to get the most out of SAGE, including having the ability to independently update the system to recognise new threats as they arrive in theatre.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza