MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced today the sale and delivery of a new MD 500ER single-engine helicopter to Bushveld Game Capture, Vryburg, South Africa. As South Africa’s premier provider of wildlife capture, purchasing, selling, transport, veterinary services, and the darting and counting of game by helicopter, Bushveld is expanding their helicopter fleet to more effectively and efficiently protect and preservice these revered icons of the South African savanna.
“The MD 500ER delivers the highest speed, payload capability and productivity in its class,” said Craig Kitchen, MD Helicopters Chief Commercial Officer. “We are honored that Bushveld Game Capture chose to make this aircraft, with its unparalleled durability and maneuverability, to be their second MD purchase in less than three years. It’s got the power and proven performance required to meet the challenges of big game preservation in the South African savanna.”
This right-hand command MD 500ER is the second MD Helicopter purchased by Bushveld Game Capture and features air conditioning, upgraded leather seating and cabin panels, the 420-shp Rolls-Royce 250-C20 turbine engine, extended heavy-duty landing gear, Fargo auxiliary fuel tank and cargo hook to support external loads up to 2,000 pounds. The cockpit configuration features the Garmin 500H EFIS all glass avionics flight display, Garmin GTN650H touchscreen GPS/Navigation and communications panel and Garmin GMA 350H all digital audio panel.
Founded in 2006 to ensure professional, honest and ethical service in all aspects of wildlife capture and transport, Bushveld takes extreme measures to insure all game is captured and transported safely and efficiently.
“The decision to add this MD 500ER to our Bushveld fleet was an easy one for me,” said Tina de Jager, chief pilot and owner of Bushveld Game Capture. “We fly in some pretty difficult conditions on a daily basis, so safety is of paramount importance. Not only are MD’s the safest helicopter in the world, they have power to spare, high cruising speed and are very economical to run.
Additionally, and just as important as the helicopter itself, is the after sale service. I’ve always found this
to be excellent with MD, and the peace of mind that comes from knowing they will always be there is invaluable!”
Supported by authorized MDHI sales representative Starlite Aviation Group, Ms. De Jager and the Bushveld team will begin flying their new MD 500ER later this month.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F, MD 530G and MD 540A. The innovative NOTAR® system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. For more information about MDHI, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, or visit www.mdhelicopters.com.
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System