Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced that Mecaer Aviation Group (MAG) has successfully validated the Bell 429 VVIP interior with the national civil aviation authority of Brazil, Agencia Nacional de Aviacao Civil (ANAC).
The VVIP luxury interior branded the “MAGnificent” by Italy-based MAG achieved the original Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) with the European Aviation Safety Agency earlier this year and continues to validate with agencies around the world. Brazil is the first of six international validations applied for in 2015.
“There continues to be a strong demand for the Bell 429 in Latin America, and now our customers are really taking notice to MAG’s luxurious cabin interior, as well as the offered noise canceling system,” said Jay Ortiz, Bell Helicopter’s vice president of Latin American sales. “We are proud of this achievement and look forward to delivering this aircraft to our customers.”
Customers can customize the cabin interior of the Bell 429 MAGnificent to a variety of seating configurations, and choose from a wide range of Italian fabrics, colors and optional equipment. MAG’s specialty custom interior incorporates two proprietary products, a passive noise abatement system called SILENS, and an In-Flight Entertainment Enhanced Lounge (I-FEEL), which provides a fully customized interactive touch screen based entertainment, communication and flight information management system.
The Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed, offering a fully integrated glass cockpit with advanced drive system and best-in-class WAAS navigation and IFR capability. Additional safety features include a collective mounted throttle, damage tolerant hub and rotor system, and energy attenuating seats. It is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operation.
About Mecaer Aviation Group
With facilities across Italy, Canada and the United States, MAG offers Integrated Systems, such as flight controls, landing gear & actuation systems as well as cabin comfort systems, for Helicopters, General Aviation & Business Aircraft, and Basic Trainers. Capabilities include the development, manufacture, qualification and certification, noise & vibration abatement, together with completion, modification, and MRO services. More information is available at www.mecaer.com
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award