Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced that Mecaer Aviation Group (MAG) has successfully validated the Bell 429 VVIP interior with the national civil aviation authority of Brazil, Agencia Nacional de Aviacao Civil (ANAC).
The VVIP luxury interior branded the “MAGnificent” by Italy-based MAG achieved the original Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) with the European Aviation Safety Agency earlier this year and continues to validate with agencies around the world. Brazil is the first of six international validations applied for in 2015.
“There continues to be a strong demand for the Bell 429 in Latin America, and now our customers are really taking notice to MAG’s luxurious cabin interior, as well as the offered noise canceling system,” said Jay Ortiz, Bell Helicopter’s vice president of Latin American sales. “We are proud of this achievement and look forward to delivering this aircraft to our customers.”
Customers can customize the cabin interior of the Bell 429 MAGnificent to a variety of seating configurations, and choose from a wide range of Italian fabrics, colors and optional equipment. MAG’s specialty custom interior incorporates two proprietary products, a passive noise abatement system called SILENS, and an In-Flight Entertainment Enhanced Lounge (I-FEEL), which provides a fully customized interactive touch screen based entertainment, communication and flight information management system.
The Bell 429 is one of the most advanced light twin helicopters ever developed, offering a fully integrated glass cockpit with advanced drive system and best-in-class WAAS navigation and IFR capability. Additional safety features include a collective mounted throttle, damage tolerant hub and rotor system, and energy attenuating seats. It is the first helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process, resulting in reduced maintenance costs for operation.
About Mecaer Aviation Group
With facilities across Italy, Canada and the United States, MAG offers Integrated Systems, such as flight controls, landing gear & actuation systems as well as cabin comfort systems, for Helicopters, General Aviation & Business Aircraft, and Basic Trainers. Capabilities include the development, manufacture, qualification and certification, noise & vibration abatement, together with completion, modification, and MRO services. More information is available at www.mecaer.com
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit www.textron.com.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software