[electronic translation] Defence bought 14 new Chinook transport helicopters and six modernize existing equipment. The number of Chinooks thus goes from 17 to 20. This was announced by Minister Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert today in a letter to the Lower House.
Defence now has 11 Chinooks of the type CH-47D, and 6 of the type CH-47F (NL).The D-versions are replaced by 14 Chinooks of the type CH47-F MYIICAAS.They will be delivered from 2019. The implementation of the 14 equals the Chinooks from the US military.
The ‘US Army variant of the Chinook complies with some adjustments to the Dutch operating requirements. These modifications are carried out after production in the United States. It involves, among other crash-resistant seats in the cockpit and a VHF Combat Net Radio for secure communication with Dutch units. Any other adjustments to be evaluated.
Dutch Air Force personnel receive in the United States an additional training to use the new Chinooks and maintain.
To take advantage of economies of scale expected Defence appearance in December 2015 to accept the agreement provided by the US government. Which the Dutch order places than in a larger production at Boeing. With the purchase is approximately € 838 million involved, it is within the budget of more than € 915 million.
This does not take into account any sales proceeds from the 11 old machines. Defense aims, in cooperation with Boeing, to reuse as many elements of the current D models to cut costs.
- Honeywell Secures Repair and Overhaul Contract for US Army Chinook Fleet
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- RAAF new Chinook HQ to boost local Townsville economy
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- S.A.F.E. Structure Designs wins $1M CH-47F fall protection platform contract
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded
- Israel prefers CH-47F to CH-53K
- LifePort Delivers Lightweight Armor Kit for Columbia Helicopters
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47