The Helicopter Museum was thrilled to welcome four aircraft from 705 Naval Air Squadron on 30th July 2015. 11 members of 705 NAS plus the station photographer made the flight down, in formation, taking in several landmarks on the way.
The museum is the world’s largest dedicated helicopter museum housing over 80 displayed aircraft including the World Speed Record Holder G-Lynx and a Russian Hind Gunship. There is a strong relationship between the museum and the military aviation world and it was the perfect opportunity for the new CO 705 NAS, Lt Cdr Scott Hughes RN, to continue that relationship and visit the museum while combining formation and navigation training en route.
On arrival the personnel from 705 NAS were given a tour of the museum with a number of the more senior aviators reminiscing fondly over aircraft they flew in the past. CO 705 NAS summed up the day as ‘An excellent opportunity for developing and honing staff skill sets, and flying the flag for the Defence Helicopter Flying School (DHFS), while taking advantage of the superb facilities available to us at Weston Helicopter Museum. A great day out!’.
The personnel that took part are Lt Cdr Hughes RN, Lt Booth RN, Lt Irwin RN, Flt Lt Toogood, Flt Lt Barnett, Mr Wilkinson, Mr Witcombe, Mr Jackson, Mr Peterson, Mr Hall, Mr Hulme and Mr Forshaw (station photographer).
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified