Oil & Gas UK, the representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry, today (25 August) announces a number of appointments of member company representatives to its Board with immediate effect.
Alan Corbett, managing director at Bristow Helicopters, will represent the aviation sector on the Board, replacing Richard Mintern of Babcock International Group.
Dominic Macklon, president UK for ConocoPhillips, is appointed to the Board as a representative of the operator community bringing experience latterly from the Canadian oil sands business. He replaces David Chenier of ConocoPhillips following his relocation to the US.
Ray Riddoch, managing director and senior vice president Europe of Nexen Petroleum U.K. Ltd, is also appointed to represent the operator community, bringing more than 30 years’ oil and gas industry experience, including holding senior positions in major operating companies. He replaces Archie Kennedy, who formerly held the role of Treasurer and retired from Nexen in July.
Existing Board member, Chevron Upstream Europe Limited’s managing director, Craig May, has taken over the role of Treasurer.
Mr Corbett said: “I am delighted to have this opportunity to serve on the Board of Oil & Gas UK and provide input at a time when all segments of the industry, including aviation, are being challenged to deliver measurable changes around productivity and efficiency that will ensure a sustainable future for the sector and those that support it. All members of the community feel these challenges and none are void of the responsibility for ensuring safety remains a priority. I look forward to carrying on the drive and support that Richard Mintern provided previously.”
Mr Macklon commented: “Oil & Gas UK plays a key role at the heart of the industry and I am delighted to have been appointed to the Board. It is half a century since first gas was found in the North Sea and today the industry is facing a number of issues, including competitiveness in a world with a considerably lower oil price. I am very much looking forward to working with the team on the very real challenges that lie ahead.”
Mr Riddoch said: “I am delighted to be appointed to represent the operator community on the Board of Oil & Gas UK. Nexen understands the importance of addressing the current challenges facing our industry at this time. The industry is putting a great deal of effort into improving its performance and I look forward to working with the other members of the Board, to encourage co-operation across the sector and working together to sustain a long term future for the North Sea.”
Mr May said: “I am honoured to be taking on the role of Treasurer and would like to thank Archie Kennedy for his service in this role. I look forward to working with my industry colleagues to help set the foundations for an economically sustainable future.”
Deirdre Michie, Oil & Gas UK’s chief executive, commented: “Our industry is challenged by the low price of oil and high cost of operating and efforts are strongly focused on making the changes required to restore competitiveness in this new business environment. We at Oil & Gas UK are very fortunate to have the guidance of a talented Board. I would like to take this opportunity to thank those leaving the Board for their commitment and service to the industry and I look forward to drawing on the experience and guidance of the new directors to strengthen the prospects for businesses in this sector. I believe that by working together, this industry will become more efficient, safer and sustainable in a world of lower oil prices.”
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring