PhilJets Group has placed an order with Airbus Helicopters Southeast Asia for the acquisition of one brand new Airbus Helicopters H130 (formerly EC130T2) scheduled for delivery in early 2016. This helicopter will be operated by PhilJets Aero Charter Corp, the group air transport subsidiary, in order to sustain its activities growth. With this helicopter acquisition, PhilJets Group is strengthening its fleet size to three H130’s & one AS350B2 for a total of four helicopters under its management. Besides the company is eyeing to add 3 to 4 more aircrafts, to reach a total of 9 aircrafts, by early 2016.
This purchase underlines PhilJets confidence in the continuing growth of the Philippine helicopter market, not to mention the popularity of the H130 as the preferred type in its segment.
Indeed with 16 units already operating in the Philippines, according to Airbus Helicopters Southeast Asia Vice-President, Customers, Mr. Lionel Sinai-Sinelnikoff this acquisition from PhilJets underlines the result of Airbus Helicopters’ support to growing helicopters operators such as PhilJets Group; as well as the strong market dynamism around the Philippines in the last few years.
Mr. Jussi Hoikka, Head of Commercial Department of Airbus Helicopters Philippines said the H130 has become the best-selling helicopter of its class in the Philippines, appreciated by passengers for its spacious and comfortable cabin, and by operators such as PhilJets for its performance and ease of maintenance
With this recent helicopter order, Mr Thierry Tea, CEO of PhilJets Group said that the group – through PhilJets Aero Charter Corp – is working hard to become a fully-grown charter company with one of the youngest fleet. The new H130 will offer to PhilJets’ Charter Subsidiary much needed capacity especially in the peak season, catering to VIP’s, corporate clients, and high-end tourists.
PhilJets is currently focusing much of its marketing efforts on developing the tourism sector, utilizing the H130 for breath-taking scenic helicopter flights around the Philippines to previously inaccessible areas. Thierry Tea said the country has so much to offer and we want to give visitors a bird’s eye view of those rarely seen areas, such as the Mt. Pinatubo crater in Luzon, or the rock island formations at El Nido in Palawan.
Besides its active promotion in the tourism industry, PhilJets is developing its capabilities in the medical evacuation, emergency sector & the mining industry.
Recent natural disasters such as Typhoon Yolanda have shown that helicopters are not limited to VIP or tourist transport, but indeed play a key role in delivering immediate assistance to disaster struck areas. In partnership with NGOs and governmental agencies, PhilJets Group has shown its capability to provide safe transport of personnel and goods using its fleet of well equipped helicopters and experienced support crews during such critical missions.
With the acquisition of this new H130 helicopter, PhilJets Group has taken another step towards its goal of becoming a market leader for charter and management services in the South East Asia region.
PhilJets Group includes PhilJets Aero Services Inc. and PhilJets Aero Charter Corp, leaders in the Philippine Aviation industry providing Global Services in the Philippines and within the Asia Pacific Region. Its range of activities include General Aviation Services, Ground Handling, Aircraft Management, Aircrafts Sales, Spare Parts Sales, Maintenance Services, Technical Support, Manpower & Outsourcing, Representation, Charter Flights, Helicopter Tours, and Aerial Work. PhilJets’ customers include General and Business Aviation firms, Commercial Airlines, MRO companies, Government Agencies, tourists and private individuals.
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU