BAE Systems, Inc. today announced an agreement with MBDA to support marketing efforts for the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWSTM) laser-guided rocket. Under the terms of the agreement, MBDA will lead marketing efforts for the BAE Systems, Inc. APKWS rocket in Europe.
“MBDA’s position as a prime weapon systems integrator in Europe, and the existing relationship between BAE Systems and MBDA, made this agreement a natural fit,” said David Harrold, director of precision guidance solutions at BAE Systems, Inc. “As part of a global campaign, we anticipate this joint marketing effort will create a channel to meet the increasing demand from the European market for the APKWS rocket.”
The APKWS system is a mid-body guidance section fitted between the motor and the warhead, transforming a standard unguided 70 mm (2.75 in) munition into a precision laser-guided rocket to provide warfighters with a low-cost surgical strike capability. This highly innovative approach requires no modifications to the rocket, launch platform, or fire control/launcher system and allows militaries to leverage existing infrastructure and munitions investment.
“The APKWS rocket offers our customers high precision at a low cost,” said Paul Mead, group business development director at MBDA. “The system is suitable for a wide range of rotary and fixed wing platforms and complements our existing portfolio.”
More information on the APKWS rocket can be found at www.baesystems.com/apkws.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc.
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit