17-Sep-2015 Source: Reportlinker
US DoD Helicopter Market : Upgrades and Service Life Extension Projects Drive a Decreasing Market with Limited New Starts
This research service is an overview of program funding and contract activity for the US Department of Defense’s helicopter market. The market includes funding/contracts for parts, services, maintenance, and non-DoD helicopter support. Due to budgetary constraints, this market will steadily decrease over the next 5 years. Spending will be dominated by building out a few new platform programs and upgrading existing platforms. Growth prospects will mostly be limited to military helicopter sales to foreign allies and developing innovations that extend the service life of existing platforms. The study period is 2014 to 2020.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
– Is the US DoD helicopter market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
– What segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
– What are the leading drivers, restraints, and trends for the market?
– What are the top programs/platforms for the US DoD helicopter market?
– What technologies and services will be emphasized?
– Which companies are leading the market?
The 2016 United States Department of Defense (DoD) budget request is $ billion, including $ billion in base funds and $ billion in overseas contingency operations (OCO) funds. This represents an increase of $ billion over the 2015 request.
– In 2016, helicopters should account for about % of the base DoD budget. Procurement spending will decrease significantly over the forecast period while research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E) spending will see a smaller decrease, by comparison.
– Military helicopter funding through 2020 is forecasted to experience a negative % compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
– The Navy is forecasted to spend $ billion on military helicopters in 2016, slightly more than the $ billion the Army is expected to spend.
– Assault/transport is the helicopter segment with the largest 2016 budget request at $ billion. Most of the total is attributed to the procurement of CV/MV-22 platforms.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03216295-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.