Aero Products Component Services, a prominent global helicopter support company, announces the recent signing of an agreement with LORD Corporation as a global distributor for Bell 206 series, 407 and 427 components, which incorporate the latest proprietary SPE IIA elastomer technology.
A support provider to the helicopter industry since 1985, Aero Products Component Services has more than 30 years of experience in providing parts, accessories, and component overhauls to operators throughout the world. “Aero Products was selected because of their outstanding performance in delivering exceptional support and value to our mutual customers. Aero Products’ established experience in support of the Bell Helicopter product line is highly complimentary to our joint mission of helping reduce direct operating costs (DOC’s) and improve service life by using the latest LORD SPE IIA elastomer technology and major sub assembly solutions,” said Rodolphe Leroy, Manager, Global Sales, Business Development & MARKETING, LORD Corporation.
This cooperative agreement broadens Aero Products’ position to provide increased aftermarket support to customers operating select Bell aircraft models. The recent groundbreaking LORD warranty enhancements on several flight-critical components not only provides operators with incredible value, but also effectively aligns component service life with major maintenance intervals, thus helping further reduce direct operating costs and eliminate a costly AOG condition due to premature elastomeric failure.
“We believe this new partnership is a game-changer for our customers in both parts procurement and component overhaul servicing. It is our goal to respectfully challenge the competition by presenting our customers with comparative endurance test results of components utilizing LORD SPE IIA elastomer, and invite them to judge for themselves. All bearings using this newest generation of elastomer are expected to exceed a 2,500- hour service life with more consistent performance,” said Ted Johnson, President, Aero Products.
About LORD Corporation
LORD Corporation is a diversified technology and manufacturing company developing highly reliable adhesives, coatings, motion management devices, and sensing technologies that significantly reduce risk and improve product performance. For 90 years, LORD has worked in COLLABORATION with our customers to provide innovative aerospace, defense, automotive and industrial solutions. With world headquarters in Cary, N.C. and 2013 revenues in excess of $880 million, LORD has more than 2,900 employees in 26 countries and operates 16 manufacturing facilities and eight R&D centers worldwide. LORD actively promotes STEM education and many other community engagement initiatives.
- Bell buys Chinese maintainer Zhenjiang Aerochine Aviation
- Niger receives Mi-171Sh helicopters
- Italian order highlights continuing success of ACH160
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- Helipad upgrade completed at Letterkenny University Hospital
- NZ EMS operator launches club for those they rescue
- Philippine Coast Guard commissions H145
- JSfirm.com Awards Scholarship
- BC Wildfire Service continues testing NV technology
- OHI appoints Group COO
- Helimarte moves away from Bell to concentrate on Airbus
- NEXA Advisors and the VFS Announce Equity Partnership in UAM Geomatics, Inc.
- BHIC unit gets one-year extension to Mindef helicopter maintenance contract
- Brazilian Navy receives second of a pair of Airbus H135s
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender