Aero Products Component Services, a prominent global helicopter support company, announces the recent signing of an agreement with LORD Corporation as a global distributor for Bell 206 series, 407 and 427 components, which incorporate the latest proprietary SPE IIA elastomer technology.
A support provider to the helicopter industry since 1985, Aero Products Component Services has more than 30 years of experience in providing parts, accessories, and component overhauls to operators throughout the world. “Aero Products was selected because of their outstanding performance in delivering exceptional support and value to our mutual customers. Aero Products’ established experience in support of the Bell Helicopter product line is highly complimentary to our joint mission of helping reduce direct operating costs (DOC’s) and improve service life by using the latest LORD SPE IIA elastomer technology and major sub assembly solutions,” said Rodolphe Leroy, Manager, Global Sales, Business Development & MARKETING, LORD Corporation.
This cooperative agreement broadens Aero Products’ position to provide increased aftermarket support to customers operating select Bell aircraft models. The recent groundbreaking LORD warranty enhancements on several flight-critical components not only provides operators with incredible value, but also effectively aligns component service life with major maintenance intervals, thus helping further reduce direct operating costs and eliminate a costly AOG condition due to premature elastomeric failure.
“We believe this new partnership is a game-changer for our customers in both parts procurement and component overhaul servicing. It is our goal to respectfully challenge the competition by presenting our customers with comparative endurance test results of components utilizing LORD SPE IIA elastomer, and invite them to judge for themselves. All bearings using this newest generation of elastomer are expected to exceed a 2,500- hour service life with more consistent performance,” said Ted Johnson, President, Aero Products.
About LORD Corporation
LORD Corporation is a diversified technology and manufacturing company developing highly reliable adhesives, coatings, motion management devices, and sensing technologies that significantly reduce risk and improve product performance. For 90 years, LORD has worked in COLLABORATION with our customers to provide innovative aerospace, defense, automotive and industrial solutions. With world headquarters in Cary, N.C. and 2013 revenues in excess of $880 million, LORD has more than 2,900 employees in 26 countries and operates 16 manufacturing facilities and eight R&D centers worldwide. LORD actively promotes STEM education and many other community engagement initiatives.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation