HAI’s new regional member outreach event — to Hampton Roads Executive Airport (KPVG) in Virginia’s Tidewater region on Saturday, October 3.
At 10:00 a.m., HAI Vice President of Operations Chris Martino will host a town hall meeting to discuss the state of the helicopter industry.
At 11:00 a.m., HAI Director of Safety Dennis Pratte will present an interactive safety seminar featuring HAI’s Land & Live program, which promotes the importance of precautionary landings as a way to break the accident chain.
The Tidewater region has a strong military presence, so from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Martino and Stan Rose, HAI’s director of safety outreach, both veterans of the armed services, willgive a presentation on how to navigate the military-to-civilian transition, providing military helicopter pilots and mechanics the information they need to prepare to take their places in the civilian helicopter industry.
Since 1993, American Heroes Airshow has been on a mission to educate communities from coast to coast about the unique capabilities and dynamic role of rotary-wing aviation in law enforcement, fire service, public safety, national defense and homeland security. With helicopters on display from local, regional, state and Federal/DOD agencies, families have a rare opportunity to meet the flight crews of these dynamic aircraft and learn about careers in public service, aviation, military and homeland security and understand first-hand why these aircraft and their unique capabilities are often the first tool out of the toolbox in times of natural disasters, rescue operations or national security threats.
The American Heroes event also includes a helicopter career fair.
The HAI HELI-DAYS will take place on Saturday, October 3. The American Heroes Airshow is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, October 3 and 4, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. It is free and open to the public.
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment