HAI’s new regional member outreach event — to Hampton Roads Executive Airport (KPVG) in Virginia’s Tidewater region on Saturday, October 3.
At 10:00 a.m., HAI Vice President of Operations Chris Martino will host a town hall meeting to discuss the state of the helicopter industry.
At 11:00 a.m., HAI Director of Safety Dennis Pratte will present an interactive safety seminar featuring HAI’s Land & Live program, which promotes the importance of precautionary landings as a way to break the accident chain.
The Tidewater region has a strong military presence, so from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Martino and Stan Rose, HAI’s director of safety outreach, both veterans of the armed services, willgive a presentation on how to navigate the military-to-civilian transition, providing military helicopter pilots and mechanics the information they need to prepare to take their places in the civilian helicopter industry.
Since 1993, American Heroes Airshow has been on a mission to educate communities from coast to coast about the unique capabilities and dynamic role of rotary-wing aviation in law enforcement, fire service, public safety, national defense and homeland security. With helicopters on display from local, regional, state and Federal/DOD agencies, families have a rare opportunity to meet the flight crews of these dynamic aircraft and learn about careers in public service, aviation, military and homeland security and understand first-hand why these aircraft and their unique capabilities are often the first tool out of the toolbox in times of natural disasters, rescue operations or national security threats.
The American Heroes event also includes a helicopter career fair.
The HAI HELI-DAYS will take place on Saturday, October 3. The American Heroes Airshow is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, October 3 and 4, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. It is free and open to the public.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™