Héroux-Devtek Inc. (TSX:HRX) (“Héroux-Devtek” or the “Corporation”), a leading international manufacturer of aerospace products, today announced that it has been awarded a long-term contract by Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland to supply the landing gear for the AW609 TiltRotor aircraft.
Under the terms of the agreement, Héroux-Devtek will design, develop, fabricate, assemble, test and deliver complete landing gear systems for the AW609 aircraft. This life-cycle mandate also includes the provision of spare parts. The new contract for Héroux-Devtek follows the introduction by AgustaWestland of several performance and product improvements to enhance the AW609’s capabilities.
Design work is expected to begin very shortly and will be mainly carried out at the St-Hubert (Québec) and Runcorn (UK) facilities, marking the first partnership between Héroux-Devtek’s North American operations and AgustaWestland. The Corporation’s European operations had previously designed and developed the landing gear for AgustaWestland’s AW101 aircraft.
“This long-term contract exemplifies our world-class capabilities in providing value-added, turnkey solutions for complete landing gear systems. Héroux-Devtek has a strong engineering team and is well positioned to support design and development programs for OEMs in the aerospace industry. This new life-cycle mandate brings us closer to our objective of generating 30% of our sales from proprietary products by 2020,” said Martin Brassard, Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer of Héroux-Devtek.
“Héroux-Devtek is proud to join forces with AgustaWestland, one of the world’s largest rotor craft manufacturers, on the only commercial tiltrotor program in development to this date. This partnership also validates our strategic acquisition in Europe in 2014. The Corporation’s expanded network has enhanced our relationships with leading OEMs on that continent and provided Héroux-Devtek with a solid platform for capturing business opportunities. We are looking forward to further increase our reach in the global landing gear market,” added Gilles Labbé, President and Chief Executive Officer of Héroux-Devtek.
As of April 2015, almost 60 AW609 aircraft have been ordered by global customers for a variety of roles and missions, including offshore transportation, emergency medical services and patient transfer, search and rescue, as well as executive passenger transport and government duties. The AW609 development program is focused on obtaining U.S. Federal Aviation Administration certification in 2017.
Héroux-Devtek Inc. (TSX:HRX) is an international company specializing in the design, development, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market. The Corporation is the third largest landing gear company worldwide, supplying both the commercial and defense sectors of the Aerospace market with new landing gear systems and components, as well as aftermarket products and services. The Corporation also manufactures hydraulic systems, fluid filtration systems and electronic enclosures. Approximately 75% of the Corporation’s sales are outside Canada, including about 50% in the United States. The Corporation’s head office is located in Longueuil, Québec with facilities in the Greater Montreal area (Longueuil, Laval and St-Hubert); Kitchener, Cambridge and Toronto, Ontario; Springfield and Strongsville, Ohio; Wichita, Kansas; Everett, Washington; and Run corn, Nottingham and Bolton, United Kingdom.
Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland provides total rotor craft capability to its customers worldwide, with the broadest portfolio of latest-generation products across all main weight categories for all commercial/military applications. With manufacturing operations in Italy, the UK, Poland and the USA, almost 13,000 employees and an expanding global network of industrial partners, support and service centers, the company is able to offer tailored service and support solutions to its customers, to maximize performance, availability and operational efficiency.
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts