Denver International Airport and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are partnering to raise awareness about safe unmanned aircraft operations.
The agencies teamed up on a Public Service Announcement that will run on the video towers in the airport’s main terminal. The PSA uses the “No Drone Zone” slogan to drive home the point that flying an unmanned aircraft near a manned aircraft is illegal and dangerous. It refers viewers to the FAA’s unmanned aircraft website and to the knowbeforeyoufly.org website for further information and guidance on flying unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly.
The PSA will air all day today following its unveiling at an unmanned aircraft safety press event that the airport organized and hosted. After that, it will air for two weeks surrounding the winter holidays – a time when many people will be getting drones as gifts. Denver also will post the PSA on the airport website so it will reach travelers every day of the year. The FAA has partnered with leading unmanned aircraft industry and hobbyist groups in the Know Before You Fly education campaign, and the campaign materials are now featured in product packaging for several types of UAS.
The PSA can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/36MgAM_fOh0
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter