Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has been awarded a new contract by the Korean National Police Agency (KNPA).
Heli-One will complete a 5,000 Flight Hour inspection on two of the agency’s Bell helicopters, followed by a full strip and repaint with defect rectification.
The work will be completed at Heli-One’s facility in Boundary Bay, Canada and marks the first time that the KNPA has chosen a provider outside of the Republic of Korea to undertake major maintenance work.
Anthony DiNota, President, Heli-One, said the team will make sure that the KNPA benefit from their knowledge of, and proven track record with, the Bell Helicopter 212/412 series aircraft.
“We have extensive experience in supporting Bell aircraft for customers across Law Enforcement, Utility, Fire Fighting and Military agencies. We will deploy our full expertise to ensure that the KNPA can return these aircraft to the reliable service of the Republic of Korea on time and on budget,” said Mr DiNota.
Heli-One holds an Approved Maintenance Organization certificate with the Korean Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT).
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of air frames and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support