Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has been awarded a new contract by the Korean National Police Agency (KNPA).
Heli-One will complete a 5,000 Flight Hour inspection on two of the agency’s Bell helicopters, followed by a full strip and repaint with defect rectification.
The work will be completed at Heli-One’s facility in Boundary Bay, Canada and marks the first time that the KNPA has chosen a provider outside of the Republic of Korea to undertake major maintenance work.
Anthony DiNota, President, Heli-One, said the team will make sure that the KNPA benefit from their knowledge of, and proven track record with, the Bell Helicopter 212/412 series aircraft.
“We have extensive experience in supporting Bell aircraft for customers across Law Enforcement, Utility, Fire Fighting and Military agencies. We will deploy our full expertise to ensure that the KNPA can return these aircraft to the reliable service of the Republic of Korea on time and on budget,” said Mr DiNota.
Heli-One holds an Approved Maintenance Organization certificate with the Korean Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT).
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of air frames and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual