Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has been awarded a new contract by the Korean National Police Agency (KNPA).
Heli-One will complete a 5,000 Flight Hour inspection on two of the agency’s Bell helicopters, followed by a full strip and repaint with defect rectification.
The work will be completed at Heli-One’s facility in Boundary Bay, Canada and marks the first time that the KNPA has chosen a provider outside of the Republic of Korea to undertake major maintenance work.
Anthony DiNota, President, Heli-One, said the team will make sure that the KNPA benefit from their knowledge of, and proven track record with, the Bell Helicopter 212/412 series aircraft.
“We have extensive experience in supporting Bell aircraft for customers across Law Enforcement, Utility, Fire Fighting and Military agencies. We will deploy our full expertise to ensure that the KNPA can return these aircraft to the reliable service of the Republic of Korea on time and on budget,” said Mr DiNota.
Heli-One holds an Approved Maintenance Organization certificate with the Korean Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT).
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of air frames and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020