SonAir Serviço Aéreo, S.A., a provider of onshore and offshore helicopter services to Angolan oil facilities, will benefit from the world-class maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services offered at Heli-One’s Rzeszow, Poland facility.
Heli-One will perform G-Check inspections and custom painting on four AS332L2 Super Puma helicopters for SonAir.
“Heli-One’s Poland facility provides us with a service quality, efficiency and affordability that was previously unavailable for the Super Puma in our region,” said Me Joao Andrade, SonAir CEO. “Working with Heli-One we will be able to save money and quickly have our Super Pumas back in the air, safely flying people to and from work.”
The customized 65,000 square-foot hangar in Rzeszow is the newest of Heli-One’s four global facilities and offers customers in Africa, Europe and the Middle East who operate large-capacity, long-range “heavy” helicopters with a convenient, highly skilled option for major refurbishments of their aircraft.
“With in-depth knowledge of the AS332L2 aircraft, our crew will be able to put these helicopters back in service in the shortest amount of time, while maintaining an exceptionally high rate of quality,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One. “Our people and capabilities in Rzeszow demonstrate our commitment to the region and to delivering value for our customers. We are proud and honored to be serving SonAir.”
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
More about Heli-One: http://heli-one.ca
SonAir is the largest helicopter owner and operator in Africa, operating 56 aircraft (32 helicopters and 24 airplanes). SonAir has proudly served the Oil & Gas Industry for more than 35 years, carrying passengers to Offshore and Onshore destinations, as well as internationally. SonAir’s mission is to provide safe and reliable passenger transportation services. Complementary to its helicopter operations (rotary wing), SonAir also provides aircraft (fixed wing) services on a spot charter (Ad-Hoc) basis, as well as, commercial charter services to Angola Oil & Gas onshore destinations.
Internationally, SonAir offers a private charter service, in a Boeing 747-400 aircraft, the Houston Express, for the USAEA (United States Africa Energy Association). SonAir is member of HAI (Helicopter Association International) as well as HeliOffshore.
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics