SonAir Serviço Aéreo, S.A., a provider of onshore and offshore helicopter services to Angolan oil facilities, will benefit from the world-class maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services offered at Heli-One’s Rzeszow, Poland facility.
Heli-One will perform G-Check inspections and custom painting on four AS332L2 Super Puma helicopters for SonAir.
“Heli-One’s Poland facility provides us with a service quality, efficiency and affordability that was previously unavailable for the Super Puma in our region,” said Me Joao Andrade, SonAir CEO. “Working with Heli-One we will be able to save money and quickly have our Super Pumas back in the air, safely flying people to and from work.”
The customized 65,000 square-foot hangar in Rzeszow is the newest of Heli-One’s four global facilities and offers customers in Africa, Europe and the Middle East who operate large-capacity, long-range “heavy” helicopters with a convenient, highly skilled option for major refurbishments of their aircraft.
“With in-depth knowledge of the AS332L2 aircraft, our crew will be able to put these helicopters back in service in the shortest amount of time, while maintaining an exceptionally high rate of quality,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One. “Our people and capabilities in Rzeszow demonstrate our commitment to the region and to delivering value for our customers. We are proud and honored to be serving SonAir.”
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
More about Heli-One: http://heli-one.ca
SonAir is the largest helicopter owner and operator in Africa, operating 56 aircraft (32 helicopters and 24 airplanes). SonAir has proudly served the Oil & Gas Industry for more than 35 years, carrying passengers to Offshore and Onshore destinations, as well as internationally. SonAir’s mission is to provide safe and reliable passenger transportation services. Complementary to its helicopter operations (rotary wing), SonAir also provides aircraft (fixed wing) services on a spot charter (Ad-Hoc) basis, as well as, commercial charter services to Angola Oil & Gas onshore destinations.
Internationally, SonAir offers a private charter service, in a Boeing 747-400 aircraft, the Houston Express, for the USAEA (United States Africa Energy Association). SonAir is member of HAI (Helicopter Association International) as well as HeliOffshore.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation