Turbomeca (Safran) and Bristow Group announce the signature of a global Support By the Hour (SBH) contract for Makila and Arriel engines. The contract covers approximately 150 engines from the Arriel and Makila families.
Bristow Group operates a large fleet of Turbomeca-powered rotorcraft, including the AS332, H155, H225 and S-76C series.
Bristow Group has experienced the benefits of Turbomeca’s SBH support, having entered into a number of SBH agreements in the past 25 years
Frank Saudo, Turbomeca Executive Vice President Support & Services, said: “Bristow Group has again chosen the SBH contract to support the Turbomeca engined aircraft across their current fleet. This is a further step that strengthens our relationship. This multi-engine SBH agreement will ensure that Bristow Group is able to serve its customers with confidence knowing that engine availability and technical support is secured.”
John Cloggie, Bristow Group Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, said: “We are delighted to partner with Turbomeca for the continuing support and maintenance of our Makila & Arriel engines. Turbomeca offers world-class services, and over the years the SBH package has proved successful in providing engine availability at a predictable cost per flight hour”.
This five-year SBH agreement enables Bristow Group to pay per flight hour used and in return, receive comprehensive product support for the engines resulting in enhanced availability and flexibility.
Turbomeca’s engines operated by Bristow Group are supported through Fareham-based Turbomeca UK subsidiary.
More than 1.4 million engine flight hours per year are achieved thanks to Turbomeca SBH in a variety of missions and fleet sizes around the world.
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8