Turbomeca (Safran) and Bristow Group announce the signature of a global Support By the Hour (SBH) contract for Makila and Arriel engines. The contract covers approximately 150 engines from the Arriel and Makila families.
Bristow Group operates a large fleet of Turbomeca-powered rotorcraft, including the AS332, H155, H225 and S-76C series.
Bristow Group has experienced the benefits of Turbomeca’s SBH support, having entered into a number of SBH agreements in the past 25 years
Frank Saudo, Turbomeca Executive Vice President Support & Services, said: “Bristow Group has again chosen the SBH contract to support the Turbomeca engined aircraft across their current fleet. This is a further step that strengthens our relationship. This multi-engine SBH agreement will ensure that Bristow Group is able to serve its customers with confidence knowing that engine availability and technical support is secured.”
John Cloggie, Bristow Group Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, said: “We are delighted to partner with Turbomeca for the continuing support and maintenance of our Makila & Arriel engines. Turbomeca offers world-class services, and over the years the SBH package has proved successful in providing engine availability at a predictable cost per flight hour”.
This five-year SBH agreement enables Bristow Group to pay per flight hour used and in return, receive comprehensive product support for the engines resulting in enhanced availability and flexibility.
Turbomeca’s engines operated by Bristow Group are supported through Fareham-based Turbomeca UK subsidiary.
More than 1.4 million engine flight hours per year are achieved thanks to Turbomeca SBH in a variety of missions and fleet sizes around the world.
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade