Turbomeca (Safran) and Bristow Group announce the signature of a global Support By the Hour (SBH) contract for Makila and Arriel engines. The contract covers approximately 150 engines from the Arriel and Makila families.
Bristow Group operates a large fleet of Turbomeca-powered rotorcraft, including the AS332, H155, H225 and S-76C series.
Bristow Group has experienced the benefits of Turbomeca’s SBH support, having entered into a number of SBH agreements in the past 25 years
Frank Saudo, Turbomeca Executive Vice President Support & Services, said: “Bristow Group has again chosen the SBH contract to support the Turbomeca engined aircraft across their current fleet. This is a further step that strengthens our relationship. This multi-engine SBH agreement will ensure that Bristow Group is able to serve its customers with confidence knowing that engine availability and technical support is secured.”
John Cloggie, Bristow Group Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, said: “We are delighted to partner with Turbomeca for the continuing support and maintenance of our Makila & Arriel engines. Turbomeca offers world-class services, and over the years the SBH package has proved successful in providing engine availability at a predictable cost per flight hour”.
This five-year SBH agreement enables Bristow Group to pay per flight hour used and in return, receive comprehensive product support for the engines resulting in enhanced availability and flexibility.
Turbomeca’s engines operated by Bristow Group are supported through Fareham-based Turbomeca UK subsidiary.
More than 1.4 million engine flight hours per year are achieved thanks to Turbomeca SBH in a variety of missions and fleet sizes around the world.
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique