Airbus Helicopters and Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited, the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, announced today that Waypoint has agreed to acquire up to 20 Airbus H135 aircraft over the next three years. Waypoint is the first lessor to acquire and lease the H135, and currently owns 25 Airbus aircraft in its global fleet.
The agreement covers the purchase of up to 20 twin-engine H135 helicopters – the leader in its class. Waypoint will primarily lease the H135s to operators performing EMS missions worldwide. With their dedicated flexible configuration and multi-role capabilities, the H135s will also be able to address other public services markets such as law enforcement and rescue, as well as offshore operations.
Ed Washecka, Chief Executive Officer of Waypoint Leasing, said, “We are pleased to be the pioneer acquirer of the H135, as we continue to offer operators state-of-the-art helicopters for EMS missions and other critical operations. The H135 complements our current Airbus offerings, which include the H225 and H145, and adds scale and diversity to our fleet.”
With this agreement, both companies are reinforcing their ability to address strategic growth market segments, combining Airbus Helicopters’ market knowledge and undisputed product references with Waypoint’s flexible lease solutions and commercial agility.
“This signature represents a significant step in the development of our partnership with Waypoint, and we continue to work together to support their objectives,” said Dominique Maudet, Executive Vice President Global Business and Services at Airbus Helicopters. “They were the first lessor to acquire the H145 and now the first to order the H135 – two aircraft that will bolster their success in fast-growing market segments.”
The multi-purpose H135 is the unbeaten market leader in the class. It is the reference helicopter for a diverse range of missions such as emergency medical services (EMS) or police. Thanks to its performance, efficiency and cabin flexibility, it is the best value for money in its category. The H135 allows operators to embark on missions even in difficult weather and terrain, thanks to its excellent OEI (one engine inoperative) performance and new-generation avionics.
Airbus Helicopters and Waypoint have also taken their partnership a step further with the announcement a joint agreement to work together to further promote the advantages of leasing helicopters with Airbus Helicopters aircraft.
About Waypoint Leasing
Waypoint Leasing is a global helicopter leasing company that provides operating lease and financing solutions to helicopter operators worldwide. Headquartered in Limerick, Ireland, Waypoint Leasing differentiates itself with a senior management team that has direct helicopter operating and leasing experience in key helicopter markets around the world, having leased helicopters across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and North and South America. Waypoint Leasing serves a wide range of sectors including oil and gas, emergency medical service, search and rescue, firefighting and governmental support.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group. The company provides the most efficient civil and military helicopter solutions to its customers who serve, protect, save lives and safely carry passengers in highly demanding environments. Flying more than 3 million flight hours per year, the company’s in-service fleet includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in 152 countries. Airbus Helicopters employs more than 23,000 people worldwide and in 2014 generated revenues of 6.5 billion Euros. In line with the company’s new identity, fully integrated into Airbus Group, Airbus Helicopters has renamed its product range replacing the former “EC” designation with an “H”.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation