Yorkshire Air Ambulances (YAA) has today signed an agreement for a new H145 from Airbus Helicopters in the UK. The aircraft is a step up in capability, offering YAA an increased range, payload and cabin space with which to provide critical care service across all Yorkshire. The agreement also includes the provision of a long-term comprehensive support package, which guarantees Yorkshire Air Ambulance gets the highest levels of availability and highlights Airbus Helicopters’ confidence in the reliability of the aircraft.
The new helicopter, fitted with a state of the art Bucher interior specifically customized to YAA’s emergency services requirements, will be equipped with a rescue hoist which, when combined with its reduced footprint, will enable YAA to provide critical care and transport for patients from remote or inaccessible places. The aircraft is designed with full night flying capabilities and a 4-axis autopilot.
Yorkshire Air Ambulance will also benefit from a unique long-term, comprehensive support arrangement, specifically tailored to the projected 400+ flying hours per year the charity plans to fly. The agreement, which covers material management and 24/7 support across the UK, will provide value for money over the duration of the contract and help optimize the aircraft’s availability.
Peter Sunderland, DL, Chairman YAA, says, “”The Yorkshire Air Ambulance have undertaken and completed a detailed review, of their evolving needs for service delivery over the next 25 years and are delighted to announce that the rapid response emergency service has placed an order for a latest generation H145 helicopter to replace its 16-year-old G-SASH aircraft”.
Colin James, Managing Director, Airbus Helicopters in the UK says, “The H145 is the new benchmark for EMS operations. Features like the shrouded tail rotor, side and rear access, large interior and the flat and railed cabin floor are the result of a ‘no compromise’ approach to design an aircraft specifically for utility missions.”
A pledge of £1million by Chancellor George Osborne has been instrumental in helping YAA renew their helicopter which, by using the most modern helicopter in operation of its type, is expected to bring improved availability and reduced maintenance.
This will be the fifth H145 in the UK, in addition to the first H145 in the UK operating with East Anglian Air Ambulance and the two operating with the Scottish Air Ambulance.
About Airbus Helicopters in the UK
Airbus Helicopters has been present in the United Kingdom for 40 years and is the UK’s largest civil helicopter company with 440 aircraft operating in civil, military and emergency services roles. The company’s site at Oxford Airport is home to Britain’s Civil Helicopter Hub, while sites at Aberdeen, Belfast and Hawarden provide support to customers across the breadth of the British Isles.
About Airbus Helicopters
Airbus Helicopters is a division of Airbus Group. The company provides the most efficient civil and military helicopter solutions to its customers who serve, protect, save lives and safely carry passengers in highly demanding environments. Flying more than 3 million flight hours per year, the company’s in-service fleet includes some 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in 152 countries. Airbus Helicopters employs more than 23,000 people worldwide and in 2014 generated revenues of 6.5 billion Euros. In line with the company’s new identity, fully integrated into Airbus Group, Airbus Helicopters has renamed its product range replacing the former “EC” designation with an “H”.
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation