Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has been selected by OMNI Aero Taxi Aereo SA to provide its leading helicopter MRO services on two Sikorsky S-61N aircraft that will fly customers to and from onshore oil and gas installations in Brazil.
In order for OMNI’s two S-61N helicopters to be prepared to safely transport people to their workplace, they needed to undergo significant fit for purpose upgrades covering seven major components. For both S-61N’s this included the CT58 engine, the main gearbox, intermediate gearbox and the tail gearbox as well as the main rotor head and tail rotor head.
Mr. Roberto Coimbra, CEO, OMNI Aero Taxi, Aereo SA, said, “Our ability to provide customers with safe, on-time flight services is vital in our competitive market. Over the past five years Heli-One has consistently shown its ability to provide mission critical upgrades so that we can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.”
“Our knowledge of the S-76 C++ and S-61N combined with our experience serving offshore and onshore operators will enable OMNI to maximize dispatch reliability while transporting customers to and from oil and gas installations,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One.
In 2015, The National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC), which oversees safety and security of civil aircraft, components, operations and personnel licensing in the country, certified Heli-One’s facility in Boundary Bay to work on Brazilian aircraft. All of Heli-One’s engine and component MRO facilities around the world are now ANAC certified.
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
- Helicopter now stationed at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Safran Helicopter Engines Partners with Citicopter in Russia
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement
- Rusada joins the European Helicopter Association
- Airbus Helicopters showed H135 at HeliRussia
- Magpas Air Ambulance CEO appointed to the Board of the Association of Air Ambulances
- Sikorsky Receives Contract To Build 12 CH-53K
- Helicopter Training Squadron 18 Receives Award
- B505 Continues Global Expansion
- ADS-B Rebates Have All Been Reserved
- NeoXCraft designers VRCO sign agreement with ConnectJets
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln