Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has been selected by OMNI Aero Taxi Aereo SA to provide its leading helicopter MRO services on two Sikorsky S-61N aircraft that will fly customers to and from onshore oil and gas installations in Brazil.
In order for OMNI’s two S-61N helicopters to be prepared to safely transport people to their workplace, they needed to undergo significant fit for purpose upgrades covering seven major components. For both S-61N’s this included the CT58 engine, the main gearbox, intermediate gearbox and the tail gearbox as well as the main rotor head and tail rotor head.
Mr. Roberto Coimbra, CEO, OMNI Aero Taxi, Aereo SA, said, “Our ability to provide customers with safe, on-time flight services is vital in our competitive market. Over the past five years Heli-One has consistently shown its ability to provide mission critical upgrades so that we can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.”
“Our knowledge of the S-76 C++ and S-61N combined with our experience serving offshore and onshore operators will enable OMNI to maximize dispatch reliability while transporting customers to and from oil and gas installations,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One.
In 2015, The National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC), which oversees safety and security of civil aircraft, components, operations and personnel licensing in the country, certified Heli-One’s facility in Boundary Bay to work on Brazilian aircraft. All of Heli-One’s engine and component MRO facilities around the world are now ANAC certified.
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation