Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has been selected by OMNI Aero Taxi Aereo SA to provide its leading helicopter MRO services on two Sikorsky S-61N aircraft that will fly customers to and from onshore oil and gas installations in Brazil.
In order for OMNI’s two S-61N helicopters to be prepared to safely transport people to their workplace, they needed to undergo significant fit for purpose upgrades covering seven major components. For both S-61N’s this included the CT58 engine, the main gearbox, intermediate gearbox and the tail gearbox as well as the main rotor head and tail rotor head.
Mr. Roberto Coimbra, CEO, OMNI Aero Taxi, Aereo SA, said, “Our ability to provide customers with safe, on-time flight services is vital in our competitive market. Over the past five years Heli-One has consistently shown its ability to provide mission critical upgrades so that we can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.”
“Our knowledge of the S-76 C++ and S-61N combined with our experience serving offshore and onshore operators will enable OMNI to maximize dispatch reliability while transporting customers to and from oil and gas installations,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One.
In 2015, The National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC), which oversees safety and security of civil aircraft, components, operations and personnel licensing in the country, certified Heli-One’s facility in Boundary Bay to work on Brazilian aircraft. All of Heli-One’s engine and component MRO facilities around the world are now ANAC certified.
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee