Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has been selected by OMNI Aero Taxi Aereo SA to provide its leading helicopter MRO services on two Sikorsky S-61N aircraft that will fly customers to and from onshore oil and gas installations in Brazil.
In order for OMNI’s two S-61N helicopters to be prepared to safely transport people to their workplace, they needed to undergo significant fit for purpose upgrades covering seven major components. For both S-61N’s this included the CT58 engine, the main gearbox, intermediate gearbox and the tail gearbox as well as the main rotor head and tail rotor head.
Mr. Roberto Coimbra, CEO, OMNI Aero Taxi, Aereo SA, said, “Our ability to provide customers with safe, on-time flight services is vital in our competitive market. Over the past five years Heli-One has consistently shown its ability to provide mission critical upgrades so that we can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.”
“Our knowledge of the S-76 C++ and S-61N combined with our experience serving offshore and onshore operators will enable OMNI to maximize dispatch reliability while transporting customers to and from oil and gas installations,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One.
In 2015, The National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC), which oversees safety and security of civil aircraft, components, operations and personnel licensing in the country, certified Heli-One’s facility in Boundary Bay to work on Brazilian aircraft. All of Heli-One’s engine and component MRO facilities around the world are now ANAC certified.
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight