Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has been selected by OMNI Aero Taxi Aereo SA to provide its leading helicopter MRO services on two Sikorsky S-61N aircraft that will fly customers to and from onshore oil and gas installations in Brazil.
In order for OMNI’s two S-61N helicopters to be prepared to safely transport people to their workplace, they needed to undergo significant fit for purpose upgrades covering seven major components. For both S-61N’s this included the CT58 engine, the main gearbox, intermediate gearbox and the tail gearbox as well as the main rotor head and tail rotor head.
Mr. Roberto Coimbra, CEO, OMNI Aero Taxi, Aereo SA, said, “Our ability to provide customers with safe, on-time flight services is vital in our competitive market. Over the past five years Heli-One has consistently shown its ability to provide mission critical upgrades so that we can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.”
“Our knowledge of the S-76 C++ and S-61N combined with our experience serving offshore and onshore operators will enable OMNI to maximize dispatch reliability while transporting customers to and from oil and gas installations,” said Anthony DiNota, president, Heli-One.
In 2015, The National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil (ANAC), which oversees safety and security of civil aircraft, components, operations and personnel licensing in the country, certified Heli-One’s facility in Boundary Bay to work on Brazilian aircraft. All of Heli-One’s engine and component MRO facilities around the world are now ANAC certified.
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta, Canada; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One’s is the world’s largest independent helicopter MRO and hold certifications and expertise on a broad range of airframes and components from major helicopter and engine manufacturers, including Airbus, Sikorsky, AgustaWestland, Bell, Turbomeca, Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
Heli-One is a segment of CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI).
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf