Russia has offered the helicopters developed for the Mistral to Egypt, which intends to purchase from France the helicopter carriers built for the Russian Navy, said Sergey Chemezov, CEO of Rostec Corporation.
“If Egypt decides to acquire the Mistral ships, then of course we will offer them the helicopters that we adapted and created just for this ship,” said the head of Rostec Corporation, as quoted by TASS.
Sergey Chemezov also said that if the deal between France and Egypt does not go through, the helicopters could be used on Russian ships.
It was previously reported that France and Egypt have agreed on the terms to purchase the two Mistral ships built for the Russian Navy. Rostec holding companies, Concern Radio-Electronic Technologies (KRET), and United Instrument Manufacturing Corporation (UIMC) have expressed their readiness to cooperate with the new buyers of French Mistral helicopter carriers.
KRET has offered to equip the Mistral ships with 5P28 Pobeditel electronic defense systems, which are installed on large ships such as aircraft carriers, helicopter carriers, and cruisers, greatly increasing the survivability of the ship.
United Instrument Manufacturing Corporation, another Rostec holding, which has developed communication and control systems for the Mistral, has agreed to adapt the Russian systems for Egypt. According to UIMC representatives, the Russian equipment cannot be sold as is to the new ships, as it will be necessary to remove various blocks and software components from the communications and control systems.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats