NHIndustries celebrated the delivery of the 250th NH90 military helicopter today. The event took place in Viterbo,Italy during the annual NH90 users conference in presence of Brigadier General Antonio Bettelli commander of Italian Army Aviation.
“We are committed, at NHI, to delivering our helicopters on-time to our customers. The delivery of the 250th aircraft today is an important milestone and it highlights the technical and commercial success of this European program” declared Vittorio Della Bella Managing Director of NHIndustries.
“The NH90 is today the most modern combat proven helicopter in its class. We are proud to fulfill the expectations of our customers every day, and we keep on working closely with them in order to make sure the NH90 remains the reference for the XXIst century operations“ added Vittorio Della Bella.
The helicopter delivered in Viterbo is a Tactical Transport helicopter optimized for land-based missions. It will be operated by the Italian Army aviation special forces. The Italian Armed Forces already operate a fleet of 30 NH90 TTH and 17 NH90 NFH.
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large full composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its wide range of rôle equipment. It features a redundant Fly-by-Wire flight control system for reduced Pilot’s workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
The NH90 is proposed in two main variants, one dedicated to naval operations, the NH90NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter) and a Tactical Transport Variant for land based operations. As of today, 249 helicopters have been delivered in Naval and Tactical transport variants. A total of more than 95000 flight hours have been achieved. The NH90 is operated in Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece, Oman, Belgium, Australia and New Zealand.
The twin-engine, medium-size NH90 helicopter program is managed by the consortium NHIndustries, the Company owned by AgustaWestland (32%), Airbus Helicopters (62.5%), and Fokker (5.5%).
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Qatar NH90 helicopter programme marks major milestone with first flights
- Leonardo’s acoustic sub hunter technology adds dipping sonar in new demo
- Indra delivers the second NH90 simulator to the Spanish Armed Forces
- Bundeswehr orders 31 NH90 for shipborne operations
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- France signs contract for upgraded NH90 TTH for Special Forces
- Royal Netherlands Air Force sends replacement NH90 to Curacao
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces