Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lp4fm3/helicopter_market) has announced the addition of the “Helicopter Market in APAC 2015-2019” report to their offering.
APAC is witnessing increasing growth of light helicopters in the ambulance services and VIP transport service segments. It was found that 29% of the civil helicopters across the globe are used for law enforcement and EMS; however, this segment is very minor in countries such as China, India, and Middle Eastern countries. Therefore, manufacturers such as MD Helicopters, Bell Helicopter Textron, Eurocopter, and many others are struggling to attain a share in the EMS helicopter segment in the APAC market.
According to the report, because of the increased utilization rate (helicopter fleet utilization) and the increased helicopter replacement cycle, the purchase interest for helicopters in the civil aviation sector is trending up. Some of the applications of helicopters in the civil aviation sector include offshore logistics, corporate usage, training, tourism, firefighting, and law enforcement. The cost of civil helicopters is less than defense helicopters; however, the overall revenue contribution of this segment is higher, because of the higher demand.
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset