A £700,000 donation from the HELP Appeal is providing real benefits for patients being brought to the new Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH) by air ambulance.
To thank the charity, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Chairman, Andrew Robertson met the charity’s Chief Executive, Robert Bertram, to unveil a special plaque thanking the charity for its significant donation. The plaque takes pride of place below the new helipad at the hospital and patients and staff alike coming from the helipad will see it on their way down to accident and emergency.
Robert Bertram said: “Contributing £700,000 to a Glasgow hospital to help build its life saving helipad, marks the HELP Appeal’s first donation in Scotland – a huge milestone for the charity and we don’t want to stop there. Already we are looking at other parts of the country where having a hospital helipad could make a huge difference to seriously ill patients who urgently need emergency care.
“The difference between life and death is a fast flying helicopter landing on a helipad with direct access to A&E. This new helipad will certainly help save lives.
“The plaque unveiled today is not only to thank the HELP Appeal but also to show its appreciation to the people of Glasgow and beyond for their huge generosity”
Andrew Robertson, Chairman, NHSGGC, added: “I would like on behalf of our staff and patients to personally thank the HELP Appeal for their magnificent donation and I am delighted that their generosity is acknowledged with a special plague.
“Their donation is bringing real benefits to patients and helping save lives across Scotland.”
HELP Appeal raises funds to build or upgrade existing helipads around the country and ensure that all major trauma centres and key accident and emergency departments have suitable helipad access in the future.
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance base gets green light