A £700,000 donation from the HELP Appeal is providing real benefits for patients being brought to the new Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH) by air ambulance.
To thank the charity, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Chairman, Andrew Robertson met the charity’s Chief Executive, Robert Bertram, to unveil a special plaque thanking the charity for its significant donation. The plaque takes pride of place below the new helipad at the hospital and patients and staff alike coming from the helipad will see it on their way down to accident and emergency.
Robert Bertram said: “Contributing £700,000 to a Glasgow hospital to help build its life saving helipad, marks the HELP Appeal’s first donation in Scotland – a huge milestone for the charity and we don’t want to stop there. Already we are looking at other parts of the country where having a hospital helipad could make a huge difference to seriously ill patients who urgently need emergency care.
“The difference between life and death is a fast flying helicopter landing on a helipad with direct access to A&E. This new helipad will certainly help save lives.
“The plaque unveiled today is not only to thank the HELP Appeal but also to show its appreciation to the people of Glasgow and beyond for their huge generosity”
Andrew Robertson, Chairman, NHSGGC, added: “I would like on behalf of our staff and patients to personally thank the HELP Appeal for their magnificent donation and I am delighted that their generosity is acknowledged with a special plague.
“Their donation is bringing real benefits to patients and helping save lives across Scotland.”
HELP Appeal raises funds to build or upgrade existing helipads around the country and ensure that all major trauma centres and key accident and emergency departments have suitable helipad access in the future.
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska