It has transpired recently that Alaska State Troopers have grounded one of their two AS350B3 helicopters in an attempt to save money, and they only have a guarantee to fly the second until the end of June 2016. A budget decision awaits the future of the unit beyond that date.
The Troopers have grounded “Helo-2” at their Fairbanks base, and retain “Helo-3” at Anchorage. The first was delivered in spring 2013 (N911AA serial 7536) and the second (N911NT serial 7665) a year later, according to an Airbus press release which HeliHub.com ran here. [The “Helo-1” name was retired following a fatal accident of an earlier helicopter in March 2013].
The Alaska Department of Public Safety utilizes its helicopters to support operations throughout the state and to supplement a large fleet of fixed-wing aircraft. Since most areas of Alaska are not accessible by road, the agency’s aircraft fleet acts as a force multiplier for troopers on the ground with the goal of providing a safe and secure environment for the Alaska residents.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida