It has transpired recently that Alaska State Troopers have grounded one of their two AS350B3 helicopters in an attempt to save money, and they only have a guarantee to fly the second until the end of June 2016. A budget decision awaits the future of the unit beyond that date.
The Troopers have grounded “Helo-2” at their Fairbanks base, and retain “Helo-3” at Anchorage. The first was delivered in spring 2013 (N911AA serial 7536) and the second (N911NT serial 7665) a year later, according to an Airbus press release which HeliHub.com ran here. [The “Helo-1” name was retired following a fatal accident of an earlier helicopter in March 2013].
The Alaska Department of Public Safety utilizes its helicopters to support operations throughout the state and to supplement a large fleet of fixed-wing aircraft. Since most areas of Alaska are not accessible by road, the agency’s aircraft fleet acts as a force multiplier for troopers on the ground with the goal of providing a safe and secure environment for the Alaska residents.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 30-Jan-21 ZS-RWZ Airbus AS350B3 Grand Central, South Africa
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- 02-Jan-21 ZS-OXK Airbus AS350B3 Cape Town, South Africa
- 30-Dec-20 I-LGLG Airbus H125 San Martino, Italy
- 26-Dec-20 (tba) Airbus H125 Minimarg, Pakistan (4F)
- 23-Dec-20 RA-07328 Airbus H125 Novopodkletnoe, Russia
- 19-Dec-20 N574AM Airbus AS350B3 Driggs, US-Idaho
- True Blue Power announce VFS receive TCCA approval
- 04-Dec-20 JA504D Airbus AS350 Higashi Matsuyama, Japan
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- 02-Dec-20 OF-??? Airbus AS350 Mombo, Botswana
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 20-Nov-20 LV-FQN Airbus AS350B3 Coronel Moldes, Argentina (2F)
- 16-Nov-20 LN-OAX Airbus AS350B3 Lysefjorden, Norway
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s