Airbus Helicopters Inc. will feature the newest, most innovative and highly capable single-engine helicopter for air medical transport services when AMTC 2015 opens Monday in Long Beach.
The leading provider of air medical transport service helicopters in the U.S. market, Airbus Helicopters Inc. (Booth 727) will exhibit two leading helicopter models. The featured aircraft is the single-engine H130, a highly efficient, next-generation aircraft equipped with an innovative air medical transport equipment package designed and installed by United Rotorcraft. The air medical-equipped H130 (formerly EC130 T2) has recently begun a Western U.S. demonstration tour.
Also on display will be an H135-series twin-engine air medical helicopter, the predecessor to the newly certified H135 now being offered in the U.S. and global markets.
“Airbus Helicopters offers the most capable, mission-fit and cost efficient helicopters on the market for air medical transport service providers,” said Jennifer Hardcastle, Air Medical Sales Manager for Airbus Helicopters Inc. “Our single-engine H130 and H125 models offer high performance, low cost, and versatility. The twin-engine H135 and H145 models provide large interior cabins for equipment, medical crew, and patients, combined with industry-leading payloads and hot-and-high performance.”
The H130 on display at AMTC will be an Airbus Helicopters Inc. demonstrator. The first H130 equipped with United Rotorcraft’s air medical interior equipment package went into service in February with the Enloe Medical Center FlightCare program in Chico, Calif. Eight more H130s with the same equipment package have been delivered recently to Air Methods Corp.
Members of the Enloe FlightCare team, who are enthusiastic about the performance and air medical equipment of the H130, will be on hand at AMTC to demonstrate the aircraft’s capabilities.
“We reviewed our options for new aircraft and at decision time it became very clear the H130 offered a lot of advantages,” said Marty Marshall, Program Director for Enloe FlightCare. “It performs very well in our operating environment here where we’re surrounded by high mountains in the Sierras and operate in high-density altitude in the valley during the heat of summer.”
The H130’s large cabin size and the United Rotorcraft equipment package are advantageous to provide care for patients, Marshall said. “I can’t think of one thing I would change in this aircraft. It has exceeded our expectations.”
The Airbus Helicopters Inc. booth will also feature an H135-series (formerly EC135) twin-engine helicopter owned and operated by California Shock Trauma and Rescue (CALSTAR), of Sacramento, Calif. CALSTAR operates eight of these aircraft in its operations throughout much of Central and Northern California.
The Airbus Helicopters H135, the latest version of this family of helicopters, offers increased power and payload for high-and-hot operations. More than 1,200 versions of the H135/EC135 family are in operation globally and have accumulated a total of more than three million flight hours. The model is a worldwide favorite of air medical transport services.
As part of its ongoing commitment to improving air medical transport safety, Airbus Helicopters Inc. will award prizes for education and training to qualified air medical industry employees during AMTC. The awards will include two $2,000 grants for AAMS Safety Management Training Academy tuition.
In addition, free training programs at Airbus Helicopters Inc.’s facility in Grand Prairie, Texaswill be given away during AMTC, including two IIMC (Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Conditions) courses. Another recipient will receive their choice of either a pilot refresher training course on a simulator platform of their choice (H125, H135 or H145) or a field maintenance course. For details on how to enter for these prizes visit the Airbus Helicopters Inc. booth.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines