Babcock, the UK’s leading engineering support services company, is pleased to announce it has been awarded a five-year contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) to deliver engineering services to the Royal Navy at air stations in the south west of England.
The aviation and engineering support and aircraft services (AESAS) contract includes the provision of forward maintenance and aircraft engineering for Merlin, Sea King, Lynx and Wildcat helicopters, general airfield engineering services and support to aircraft operations.
Babcock’s bid was strengthened by the Group’s experience of supporting rotary wing platforms in both its Defence & Security division and MCS business. The AESAS contract is to provide full service delivery by 1 January 2016 and will involve the TUPE transfer of a significant number of skilled staff to Babcock.
Additionally, the Group has seen further growth within its existing DSG contract to provide maintenance, repair, overhaul and storage of a range of current military vehicles and light weapons for the MoD.
As a result of successfully meeting an early milestone in the service provision and output based contract which began on 1 April 2015, Babcock will increase its responsibility for managing the procurement of equipment spares and repairables on behalf of the MoD, to include transacting with suppliers directly.
In combination, the two contracts will generate an additional £100 million of revenue per year.
Peter Rogers, Babcock Chief Executive, said:
“We are delighted to continue to grow our partnership with the Ministry of Defence, both in the air and on the ground. Babcock is committed to delivering the improved performance levels, enhanced operational capability and increased cost effectiveness which are so critical for our customer.”
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model