Babcock, the UK’s leading engineering support services company, is pleased to announce it has been awarded a five-year contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) to deliver engineering services to the Royal Navy at air stations in the south west of England.
The aviation and engineering support and aircraft services (AESAS) contract includes the provision of forward maintenance and aircraft engineering for Merlin, Sea King, Lynx and Wildcat helicopters, general airfield engineering services and support to aircraft operations.
Babcock’s bid was strengthened by the Group’s experience of supporting rotary wing platforms in both its Defence & Security division and MCS business. The AESAS contract is to provide full service delivery by 1 January 2016 and will involve the TUPE transfer of a significant number of skilled staff to Babcock.
Additionally, the Group has seen further growth within its existing DSG contract to provide maintenance, repair, overhaul and storage of a range of current military vehicles and light weapons for the MoD.
As a result of successfully meeting an early milestone in the service provision and output based contract which began on 1 April 2015, Babcock will increase its responsibility for managing the procurement of equipment spares and repairables on behalf of the MoD, to include transacting with suppliers directly.
In combination, the two contracts will generate an additional £100 million of revenue per year.
Peter Rogers, Babcock Chief Executive, said:
“We are delighted to continue to grow our partnership with the Ministry of Defence, both in the air and on the ground. Babcock is committed to delivering the improved performance levels, enhanced operational capability and increased cost effectiveness which are so critical for our customer.”
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet