Babcock, the UK’s leading engineering support services company, is pleased to announce it has been awarded a five-year contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) to deliver engineering services to the Royal Navy at air stations in the south west of England.
The aviation and engineering support and aircraft services (AESAS) contract includes the provision of forward maintenance and aircraft engineering for Merlin, Sea King, Lynx and Wildcat helicopters, general airfield engineering services and support to aircraft operations.
Babcock’s bid was strengthened by the Group’s experience of supporting rotary wing platforms in both its Defence & Security division and MCS business. The AESAS contract is to provide full service delivery by 1 January 2016 and will involve the TUPE transfer of a significant number of skilled staff to Babcock.
Additionally, the Group has seen further growth within its existing DSG contract to provide maintenance, repair, overhaul and storage of a range of current military vehicles and light weapons for the MoD.
As a result of successfully meeting an early milestone in the service provision and output based contract which began on 1 April 2015, Babcock will increase its responsibility for managing the procurement of equipment spares and repairables on behalf of the MoD, to include transacting with suppliers directly.
In combination, the two contracts will generate an additional £100 million of revenue per year.
Peter Rogers, Babcock Chief Executive, said:
“We are delighted to continue to grow our partnership with the Ministry of Defence, both in the air and on the ground. Babcock is committed to delivering the improved performance levels, enhanced operational capability and increased cost effectiveness which are so critical for our customer.”
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award