Airbus Helicopters Inc. announced that it has received orders from Air Medical Resource Group (AMRG) for three H125 and two EC145 helicopters. The new helicopters will be put into service with AMRG’s community and hospital-based air medical transport programs.
Two of the H125s are to be delivered to AMRG later this month, with the other three aircraft to follow at later dates. AMRG has air medical transport bases in 10 states and Puerto Rico.
The addition of three H125 AStar (formerly AS350 B3e) single-engine helicopters will bring to 20 the number in the AMRG fleet. “The AStar has performed very well for us. It is a reliable and cost effective aircraft, so we’re adding more to our fleet to serve our customers better,” said Ben Dorman, Chief Operating Officer of Salt Lake City-based AMRG.
The two EC145s, a high-performance twin-engine helicopter, will be used to fulfil the requirements of a hospital-based contract, Dorman said. AMRG already operates one EC145.
“AMRG is a strong, well run air medical transport services company and we are pleased that they have shown their confidence in Airbus Helicopters products and service by placing new orders for the H125 and the EC145,” said Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc.
The H125, produced by Airbus Helicopters Inc. in Columbus, Miss. is the latest version of the AStar family, a leading single-engine helicopter for air medical transport. The H125 features dual hydraulics, dual channel engine FADEC, and advanced glass-panel cockpit displays. With a Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine, the H125 boasts a significant power reserve, along with unmatched tail rotor authority and high-and-hot performance.
The EC145 payload and range, along with its large cabin, allow for the transport of medical teams and special medical care equipment. Two Turbomeca ARRIEL engines power the EC145. The aircraft’s combination of speed and performance, along with its high-set main and tail rotors, large cabin and rear-loading clamshell doors, has made it the helicopter of choice for a large number of air medical programs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is exhibiting at the Air Medical Transport Conference, Booth 727, October 19-21, in Long Beach.
About Airbus Helicopters Inc.
Airbus Helicopters Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Airbus Helicopters, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of the Airbus Group. Airbus Helicopters Inc. is a manufacturer, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para public helicopters offered in the U.S. The product line represents the industry’s most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters serving all markets and missions. The company’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, Texas with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software