Two deadlines are approaching for individuals interested in applying for a WAI scholarship for 2016. In order to apply, you must be a WAI member as of November 2, 2015. Scholarship applications must be postmarked no later than November 16, 2015.
“This year we are offering 111 different scholarships totaling $600,000,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “I can’t say it too often – these scholarships are not just for college students; they are for people at every phase of their aviation lives.”
With the announcement of the 2016 WAI scholarship winners in March 2016, WAI’s scholarship program will award a cumulative $10,000,000 worth of scholarships to over 1,300 members, changing thousands of lives and launching and enhancing hundreds of aviation careers.
Scholarships are offered not only for scholastic assistance, but for flight training, including a large number of type ratings, and financial assistance for someone who just wants to fly for fun. Scholarships are offered for students, mechanics, engineers, ag pilots, flight instructors, engineers and a range of other diverse occupations.
“Whether a WAI member wants to experience spin training or study helicopter maintenance, WAI has a scholarship for you,” adds Dr. Chabrian.
A description of all 111 scholarships, an application and tips for creating a successful application can be found at http://wai.org.
Scholarships for 2016 will be awarded during WAI’s 27th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference to be held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, Tennessee from March 10-12, 2016.
Women in Aviation International is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. For more information about WAI scholarships, please contact WAI at (937) 839-4647 or online at http://wai.org
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half