Two deadlines are approaching for individuals interested in applying for a WAI scholarship for 2016. In order to apply, you must be a WAI member as of November 2, 2015. Scholarship applications must be postmarked no later than November 16, 2015.
“This year we are offering 111 different scholarships totaling $600,000,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “I can’t say it too often – these scholarships are not just for college students; they are for people at every phase of their aviation lives.”
With the announcement of the 2016 WAI scholarship winners in March 2016, WAI’s scholarship program will award a cumulative $10,000,000 worth of scholarships to over 1,300 members, changing thousands of lives and launching and enhancing hundreds of aviation careers.
Scholarships are offered not only for scholastic assistance, but for flight training, including a large number of type ratings, and financial assistance for someone who just wants to fly for fun. Scholarships are offered for students, mechanics, engineers, ag pilots, flight instructors, engineers and a range of other diverse occupations.
“Whether a WAI member wants to experience spin training or study helicopter maintenance, WAI has a scholarship for you,” adds Dr. Chabrian.
A description of all 111 scholarships, an application and tips for creating a successful application can be found at http://wai.org.
Scholarships for 2016 will be awarded during WAI’s 27th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference to be held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, Tennessee from March 10-12, 2016.
Women in Aviation International is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. For more information about WAI scholarships, please contact WAI at (937) 839-4647 or online at http://wai.org
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020