AgustaWestland announced today that Life Flight Network of the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West United States has exceeded 10,000 flight hours in their fleet of AW119Kx life-saving EMS (Emergency Medical Service) helicopters, just two years after initial deliveries to the customer and three years after the aircraft was outfitted with a glass cockpit and unveiled to customers and industry. Life Flight Network has now taken delivery of 19 AW119Kx helicopters, including two in June of 2015.
Full execution of Life Flight Network’s contract will bring the total number of AW119Kx helicopters operated by Life Flight Network to 21,reinforcing the critical care transportation network’s confidence in the aircraft, its capabilities, and the support provided by AgustaWestland. Integrating the Garmin G1000HTM flight deck system into the proven AW119 platform, certifying the new avionics suite, and delivering the next-generation helicopter to customers in the United States, Brazil, Chile, Australia, and other nations over the course of two years was a testament to the success of the AgustaWestland design engineering and production teams and has contributed to the strength of the aircraft across all market segments.
“Reaching this milestone means we’ve been able to transport more patients, and ultimately, save more lives,” said Michael Griffiths, CEO of Life Flight Network. “The collaborative relationship between Life Flight Network and AgustaWestland has truly been an achievement on the part of both organizations, leading to our operational success across the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West.”
The AW119Kx features a new avionics system that includes a synthetic vision system, moving map, highway in the sky and obstacle/terrain avoidance systems for enhanced situational awareness and safety.Over 250 AW119 helicopters have been ordered to date in more than 30 countries by over 100 customers. The new AW119Kx, like the AW119Ke, is perfectly suited to perform many roles, including EMS, VIP/corporate transport, utility, fire-fighting, law enforcement, and government duties.
Life Flight Network
Life Flight Network provides air and ground critical care transportation for seriously ill or injured patients from the scene of an illness or accident or from one hospital to another. The company is known for quality medical care, a commitment to strong relationships with area EMS and hospitals, and an overall dedication to excellence.
Life Flight Network strategically positions bases throughout the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West to provide maximum coverage to the communities it serves. Life Flight Network has safely transported over 110,000 patients over three decades of operation and has bases in Astoria, Aurora, Cottage Grove, La Grande, Redmond, Pendleton, and Ontario, Oregon; Longview and Dallesport, Washington; Boise, Burley, Coeur d’Alene, Lewiston, Rexburg, and Sandpoint, Idaho; and Butte, Montana.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit