The Jim Charlson Aviation Safety Award recognizes an individual who has made significant contributions to the overall enhancement, development and promotion of aviation safety. Metro Aviation is proud to congratulate Helicopter Flight Training Center Director Terry Palmer on receiving the 2015 Jim Charlson Award.
Terry is extremely involved in the aviation industry and has committed her career to changing and improving the aviation safety environment. Her enthusiasm and dedication to training for a safer future are infectious. Since opening the training center in 2012, Terry and the team have secured a Level D Full Motion EC135 simulator, a Level 7 AS350 flight training device and a Level 7 Bell 407/GX flight training device. The training center will add an EC145 Full Motion Simulator in 2016. Terry has worked closely with original equipment manufacturers to offer factory maintenance training to technicians from across the globe. She also developed a cost-effective training model for operators through a “train the trainer program,” allowing flight instructors to receive training from the center’s professional staff and then provide training to helicopter operators choosing to dry lease simulators.
Terry introduced the CommLab, a simulator for communication specialists, in 2015. The first of its kind in the industry, the CommLab is a revolutionary training opportunity for communication specialists where they can hone their skills, communicate in real time with pilots training in simulators and share experiences with other communication specialists from across the country.
Terry’s commitment extends far beyond Metro Aviation. She is currently a CAMTS Board member, Chairman of the HAI Training Committee and a member of the HAI Safety Committee. To say that Terry Palmer is an asset to Metro Aviation would be an understatement. Her understanding of the industry, her passion for aviation and her dedication to safety is unparalleled. Metro Aviation is honored to have Terry Palmer in the Metro family and looks forward to a great future.
About Metro Aviation:
Metro Aviation, Inc., based in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States is a worldwide provider of completion services for all missions and types of helicopters and specializes in the EC135 and EC145 with several Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) developed by the company for these and other aircraft. Metro is an FAA approved repair station, approved Airbus (Eurocopter) Service Center and FAR Part 135 air medical operations provider at several locations across the United States. The company is privately held and is one of the largest traditional air medical providers in the country. For additional information regarding Metro Aviation, Inc. and any of its products or services, please contact Kristen King Holmes at 318.698.5200 or http://[email protected].
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics