The Massachusetts State Police Air Wing is the largest and most comprehensive full time public safety aviation unit in New England, responding to more than 1,900 mission requests annually. The primary duty aircraft is the EC135T2+, and the division recently chose the Helicopter Flight Training Center, a Metro Aviation company, as its training partner for simulator training.
“Metro Aviation has enjoyed a great relationship with the Massachusetts State Police as their completion partner, and now we are excited to bring them over to the training center for state-of-the-art training opportunities,” said Helicopter Flight Training Center Director Terry Palmer. “Simulator training is vital. Some of the state police pilots were able to test the simulator when they were last here to pick up a completed aircraft, and they realized first hand what a difference it can make.”
Pilots and their Tactical Flight Officers (TFO) will begin training in the EC135 Level D Full Motion Simulator and the AS350 Level 7 flight training device in November. “The training will consist of normal and emergency procedures, as well as inadvertent IMC,” said Air Wing Commander Robert Smith. “Metro did the EC135 completions for our fleet, and we are now using the Helicopter Flight Training Center for our simulator training.” The department made the funding available partially in response to the NTSB recommendation that law enforcement crews receive IIMC simulator training.
The Helicopter Flight Training Center offers dry-lease of its three simulators: an EC135 Level D Full Motion Simulator, AS350 Level 7 Flight Training Device and a Bell 407/GX Level 7 Flight Training Device. In addition, the training center hosts factory maintenance training for Turbomeca and Pratt & Whitney, as well as monthly communication specialist training in the CommLab.
- ESG enables Internet in helicopters
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU