Aviation students can now apply for an opportunity to attend the 12th-annual CHC Safety & Quality Summit, through grants which honour Dr. Peter Gardiner, a long-time advocate of excellence in aviation safety training.
The Dr. Peter Gardiner Student Grant, worth more than C$4,000, covers: admission to the Summit; and a choice of one of the pre-event courses; as well as C$1,500 in hotel and travel reimbursement.
The Summit, hosted by CHC Helicopter, the operating company of CHC Group Ltd. (NYSE:HELI), is recognized by many as the most important helicopter-safety conference in the world.
This year’s event will be focused on the theme “Back to Basics: Prioritizing Safety in a Challenging Economy.” The 2016 summit will be held April 04-06 at the Westin Bayshore Resort in Vancouver, with pre-summit courses starting April 01.
This will be the sixth year Drs. Wiegmann and Shappell, of HFACS Inc., have sponsored a student to participate in the summit, in recognition of Dr. Gardiner. In addition, the Westin Bayshore – the host hotel – has generously matched the grant for a third time, enabling a second student to attend.
The late Dr. Peter Gardiner was president and chief executive officer of the Southern California Safety Institute (SCSI). The objective of SCSI is to provide people in aviation with the best possible tools and training, to reduce accident rates and ultimately increase the safety of those that fly.
The focus on the human side of aviation safety and the development of safety management systems attracted Dr. Gardiner to the CHC event, where for three years he brought a unique blend of professionalism and humour to the sessions he taught. The student grant is a tribute to Dr. Gardiner’s commitment to aviation safety, and is intended to help inspire excellence in aviation students.
Students interested in this year’s grants must apply and submit a 500-word essay by the Dec. 09 2015 deadline. More information about the grants and access to the application are available at www.chcsafetyqualitysummit.com.
CHC Helicopter is a leader in enabling customers to go further, do more and come home safely, including oil and gas companies, government search-and-rescue agencies and organizations requiring helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul services through the Heli-One segment. The company has a fleet of more than 230 aircraft and operates in approximately 20 countries around the world.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter