Zip Aviation announced today it would host Breast Cancer Awareness Day at the Downtown Manhattan Heliport on Friday October 30, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. A portion of Zip’s proceeds Friday will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Helicopter tour passengers flying Friday are encouraged to wear pink attire to create awareness for breast cancer research and the foundation. Passengers who wear a piece of visible pink attire will receive one complimentary helicopter tour photo (a $20 value). Zip Aviation flies approximately 300 passengers per day on helicopter tours around New York City, so they aim to raise significant awareness about the cause and foundation Friday.
“This cause hits close to home because I have family members, friends, and employees that have been affected by breast cancer. Medical research is the most hopeful way to find a cure,” said Itai Shoshani, Zip’s CEO and Chief Pilot.
Evelyn H. Lauder, a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital board and creator of the pink ribbon breast cancer awareness program, founded the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in 1993. The foundation receives donations and grants that fund clinical and genetic research including trials for new drug treatments and projects in vaccine development. The foundation’s medical advisory board ensures that all donations go to worthy proposals.
“I have two family members who battled breast cancer, so I could not be more proud to help raise funds for research. We are hoping to fill the heliport with pink! If someone simply asks ‘why’, then we have reached one more person to educate,” said Zip Aviation Marketing Director Meagan Dooley.
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA