Zip Aviation announced today it would host Breast Cancer Awareness Day at the Downtown Manhattan Heliport on Friday October 30, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. A portion of Zip’s proceeds Friday will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Helicopter tour passengers flying Friday are encouraged to wear pink attire to create awareness for breast cancer research and the foundation. Passengers who wear a piece of visible pink attire will receive one complimentary helicopter tour photo (a $20 value). Zip Aviation flies approximately 300 passengers per day on helicopter tours around New York City, so they aim to raise significant awareness about the cause and foundation Friday.
“This cause hits close to home because I have family members, friends, and employees that have been affected by breast cancer. Medical research is the most hopeful way to find a cure,” said Itai Shoshani, Zip’s CEO and Chief Pilot.
Evelyn H. Lauder, a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital board and creator of the pink ribbon breast cancer awareness program, founded the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in 1993. The foundation receives donations and grants that fund clinical and genetic research including trials for new drug treatments and projects in vaccine development. The foundation’s medical advisory board ensures that all donations go to worthy proposals.
“I have two family members who battled breast cancer, so I could not be more proud to help raise funds for research. We are hoping to fill the heliport with pink! If someone simply asks ‘why’, then we have reached one more person to educate,” said Zip Aviation Marketing Director Meagan Dooley.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock