Zip Aviation announced today it would host Breast Cancer Awareness Day at the Downtown Manhattan Heliport on Friday October 30, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. A portion of Zip’s proceeds Friday will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Helicopter tour passengers flying Friday are encouraged to wear pink attire to create awareness for breast cancer research and the foundation. Passengers who wear a piece of visible pink attire will receive one complimentary helicopter tour photo (a $20 value). Zip Aviation flies approximately 300 passengers per day on helicopter tours around New York City, so they aim to raise significant awareness about the cause and foundation Friday.
“This cause hits close to home because I have family members, friends, and employees that have been affected by breast cancer. Medical research is the most hopeful way to find a cure,” said Itai Shoshani, Zip’s CEO and Chief Pilot.
Evelyn H. Lauder, a member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering hospital board and creator of the pink ribbon breast cancer awareness program, founded the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in 1993. The foundation receives donations and grants that fund clinical and genetic research including trials for new drug treatments and projects in vaccine development. The foundation’s medical advisory board ensures that all donations go to worthy proposals.
“I have two family members who battled breast cancer, so I could not be more proud to help raise funds for research. We are hoping to fill the heliport with pink! If someone simply asks ‘why’, then we have reached one more person to educate,” said Zip Aviation Marketing Director Meagan Dooley.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award