Christmas shoppers in Ware will be in for a treat from early December as Herts Air Ambulance opens the doors to its first Charity Shop, just in time for Christmas.
The Charity Shop located at 3, High Street in Ware, will be a huge boost to the Charity – helping to ensure its life-saving helicopters can continue to fly in the county.
Mel Hitchcock, Shop Co-ordinator at Herts Air Ambulance, said: “We are all so excited to open our first charity shop in Hertfordshire. We want it to become a real community hub!
“This is a really exciting time for the Herts Air Ambulance too – We are fast approaching 10 years in operation and we have achieved so many great things.
“The shop will be a great way to spread more awareness to the public as we rely on their support to keep flying – Please bring and buy so we can fly!”
Charity shops have proven to be a huge success to Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust. With its Mersea Island shop in Essex generating approximately £73k each year – making this a very exciting venture for Hertfordshire.
The new volunteer run charity shop is slowly filling with donations including books, homeware, clothes, games and toys but the shop is still in need of more – including coat hangers as well as red and white Christmas decorations for its window display – and will be holding a ‘Donations Day’ on the 30th October between 11am – 3pm. Anyone wishing to make a donation can simply pop along during the day. Parking is available close to the store.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation