The U.S. Coast Guard has contracted with Breeze-Eastern Corporation (NYSE MKT: BZC) to provide new hydraulic hoist controllers for their MH-65 search and rescue fleet. The contract provides for deliveries over the next three years with early deliveries acceptable and encouraged. Breeze-Eastern, the aerospace industry’s only dedicated hoist and winch specialist, received this production contract after the completion of the design, development and qualification prototype contract.
The new controller will replace a 25-year-old legacy system. While maintaining the existing envelope size and specific required features, the new controller’s interior is a compact modular design, that will reduce maintenance costs and enhance the reliability of the system’s performance. The fully funded firm fixed price contract is valued at $8.9 million.
“Supporting the U.S. Coast Guard’s lifesaving work is a point of pride for Breeze-Eastern,” said company President and Chief Executive Officer Brad Pedersen. “So modernizing this critical rescue support equipment is an important and exciting opportunity.”
Breeze-Eastern Corporation is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of high-performance lifting and pulling devices for helicopters, military cargo aircraft, and other aerospace/defense platforms, including rescue hoists, winches and cargo hooks, and weapons-lifting systems.
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results