Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce its completion of a modification and upgrade for the San Bernardino County Sheriff Department’s (SBCSD) Bell 212 aircraft.
Modifications to this aircraft included avionics, airframe, and tailboom structural modifications required for the installation of a new Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T-3DF Twin Pac®. Vector also completed a 100 hour return to service inspection and applied full exterior paint to the SBCSD’s specifications.
“We were happy to arrive at Vector’s Langley, BC facility to find our aircraft complete and ready to fly. Not surprisingly, Vector did a fantastic job on our Bell 212, providing top quality results and excellent customer service,” said Lieutenant Mitch Dattilo, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.
“This is the first major airframe project that Vector has performed for the SBCSD and we are honored to have been selected to upgrade their Bell 212 aircraft,” said Craig Pluim, Vice President, Sales – Rotary Wing at Vector Aerospace. “We look forward to growing our relationship with the SBCSD and will be pleased to continue supporting their future MRO requirements.”
About San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department
San Bernardino County Sheriff Department is a Southern California law enforcement agency. The aviation division of SBCSD provides general law enforcement support, narcotics surveillance, personnel/cargo transport, airborne photography, search and rescue/recovery, multi-agency pursuit coordination, wild land fire suppression and emergency medical services transport.
About Vector Aerospace
Vector Aerospace is a global provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Australia, South Africa, Kenya and Singapore, Vector Aerospace provides services to commercial and military customers for gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Vector’s customer-focused team includes over 2,300 motivated employees.
Vector Aerospace holds approvals from some of the world’s leading turbine engine, airframe and avionics OEMs. Power plants supported include a wide range of turboshafts, turboprops and turbofans from General Electric, Honeywell, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce and Turbomeca. Vector Aerospace also provides support for a wide range of airframes from Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Boeing and Sikorsky, its capabilities including major inspections and dynamic component overhaul, and offers full-service avionics capability, including aircraft rewiring, mission equipment installation and glass cockpit upgrades.
More information can be found on the company’s website at www.vectoraerospace.com
- Rotortrade Selects Heli-One To Perform Two H225 Return-to-Service
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Aviation Search Group Adds Two New Managing Directors to Support Growth
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- StandardAero and Thales Announce Launch Customer for new H125 Autopilot System
- Applied Video Imaging Extends Product Warranty to 3 Years
- ITT Enidine Showcasing Innovative Rotorcraft Solutions at Heli-Expo
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- NHV Group and Tropical Arctic Logistics sign Strategic Teaming Agreement
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Introduces New HEC Products for Bell 206L & MD500
- Astronautics Adds New Enhancements To RoadRunner EFI
- Robinson Newscopters Deliver News
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Bucher presents its newest multi-mission HEMS at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Readies Its Airborne Communication System for Various Airbus Platforms
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Brings Enhanced Capability to Santa Barbara Firehawk