In collaboration with the HAI Safety Committee, HAI’s communications department has begun work to update the popular discussion-starter safety video series, Pressure Points, designed to facilitate group discussions. Each video coupled prepared discussion guides with videos that could be stopped at designated points to discuss topics raised in the videos.
“The videos are intended to be used as a lessons learned from past occurrences — lessons that can help foster a culture in which we capture and use day-to-day information to improve safety in operations and maintenance,” says Tarek Loutfy, chairman of the safety committee. “It is impossible to eliminate risk from aviation. However, it is possible to minimize such risk by learning from past occurrences and applying the lessons learned to future operations under similar circumstances.”
The first video in the updated series will discuss go/no-go aeronautical decision-making. The National Transportation Safety Board is participating in the production, with investigators discussing recent accidents. The completed video is anticipated in the first quarter of 2016.
HAI expects to update other videos in the series in the months ahead.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC