In collaboration with the HAI Safety Committee, HAI’s communications department has begun work to update the popular discussion-starter safety video series, Pressure Points, designed to facilitate group discussions. Each video coupled prepared discussion guides with videos that could be stopped at designated points to discuss topics raised in the videos.
“The videos are intended to be used as a lessons learned from past occurrences — lessons that can help foster a culture in which we capture and use day-to-day information to improve safety in operations and maintenance,” says Tarek Loutfy, chairman of the safety committee. “It is impossible to eliminate risk from aviation. However, it is possible to minimize such risk by learning from past occurrences and applying the lessons learned to future operations under similar circumstances.”
The first video in the updated series will discuss go/no-go aeronautical decision-making. The National Transportation Safety Board is participating in the production, with investigators discussing recent accidents. The completed video is anticipated in the first quarter of 2016.
HAI expects to update other videos in the series in the months ahead.
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada