As from November 2nd, François Tarel is appointed General manager at Microturbo (Safran). He will replace Pierre-Yves Morvan who is taking up a new position in another company in the group, Snecma.
François Tarel is an engineering graduate of Ecole Polytechnique in 1984 and Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées (France) in 1989. He joined the Group in 1991 at Hispano-Suiza, as Methods and Investments Manager and then as Manufacturing Manager. In 1997, he took on responsibility for the Power Transmission production unit. In 2000, he became Wheels and Brakes Program Manager for Messier-Bugatti. In 2003, François Tarel was appointed Vice President for the Wheels and Brakes Business Unit. In January 2009, he was chosen to lead the Safran’s Modernization project to create shared services for Human Resources, Finance, Information Systems and Purchasing departments. Since March 2010, François Tarel has held the position of Executive Vice President of Aircelle.
Microturbo (Safran), subsidiary of Turbomeca, is specialized in the design and manufacturing of power systems for civil and military aerospace: auxiliary power units and starting systems for aircraft and helicopters, turbojet engines for missiles and target drones. Microturbo power solutions are efficient and reliable as a result of considerable R&D investments and strategic partnerships with the world’s leading OEMs. Represented worldwide, Microturbo offers efficient Support and Service solutions to its customers in order to meet their expectations every day. Microturbo is a world leader in the field of power systems and propulsion systems, and has delivered over 21,000 units.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight