The Minister of Investments and Development (MID) of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Asset Issekeshev has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with CAA International (CAAi), the State-to-State advisory arm of the UK Civil Aviation Authority (UK CAA).
Witnessed by British Prime Minister, David Cameron and Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of Kazakhstan, the MoU supports future collaboration between the UK and Kazakhstan to strengthen the safety oversight of Kazakhstan’s Aviation Regulator, the Civil Aviation Committee (CAC).
Under the MoU, CAAi has agreed to provide UK CAA expertise and guidance, to help raise the level of effective implementation of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs). CAAi will support the development of a CAC transformation plan that will include the separation of commercial services from regulatory provisions and oversight. CAAi will also support Kazakhstan in aligning its aviation safety regulations to European requirements and provide assistance to achieve ECAC membership and FAA Cat 1 status.
Maria Rueda, CAAi Managing Director, said, “We are pleased to sign this MoU with Kazakhstan. It demonstrates both countries’ commitment to promoting higher standards of aviation safety and we are committed to supporting Kazakhstan in achieving these goals”.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center