AgustaWestland congratulates the Dubai Air Wing on achieving 20 years of successful operations of its helicopter types for transport missions.An official ceremony was held at the Dubai Airshow today to celebrate this significant milestone.
A leading helicopter operator in the United Arab Emirates and a key customer to AgustaWestland with almost 20 aircraft of various models in service, Dubai Air Wing has been using a range of helicopters including the proven AW109 legacy and the bestselling AW139 intermediate twin, delivering in the most demanding conditions.
Continuing this 20 year partnership Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that the Dubai Air Wing will soon receive examples of the all new AW189 super medium and the AW169 light intermediate helicopters, which will be used to perform transport missions. The AW Family of helicopters, comprising the AW169, AW139 and AW189, all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit