AgustaWestland announced today that the AW139 intermediate twin and the AW189 super medium twin helicopter fleets operated by Gulf Helicopters of Qatar have set two major milestones. Their 17 AW139s used for offshore operations have now achieved 75,000 flight hours while the four AW189s delivered so far have exceeded 1000 flight hours performing long range oil and gas support missions.
Gulf Helicopters is a prime player in the helicopter service market in the Middle East and is benefitting from the advantages of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters. The AW139 and AW189, together with the AW169 light intermediate helicopter, all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
Mr. Mohamed Al Mohannadi, CEO of Gulf Helicopters stated “We are looking to expand our global presence not only for our core business of helicopter operations but also for our engineering and training capabilities. We are continuing to work with AgustaWestland and other OEMs to complement their efforts in providing efficient services with regard to engineering and training support”.
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified