AgustaWestland announced today that the AW139 intermediate twin and the AW189 super medium twin helicopter fleets operated by Gulf Helicopters of Qatar have set two major milestones. Their 17 AW139s used for offshore operations have now achieved 75,000 flight hours while the four AW189s delivered so far have exceeded 1000 flight hours performing long range oil and gas support missions.
Gulf Helicopters is a prime player in the helicopter service market in the Middle East and is benefitting from the advantages of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters. The AW139 and AW189, together with the AW169 light intermediate helicopter, all possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features whilst sharing the same common cockpit concept and design philosophy. This approach delivers real cost savings in areas such as training, maintenance and support for operators having two or three of the models in their fleets.
Mr. Mohamed Al Mohannadi, CEO of Gulf Helicopters stated “We are looking to expand our global presence not only for our core business of helicopter operations but also for our engineering and training capabilities. We are continuing to work with AgustaWestland and other OEMs to complement their efforts in providing efficient services with regard to engineering and training support”.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL