Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has closed its acquisition of Sikorsky Aircraft, a world leader in military and commercial rotary-wing aircraft. Aligned under the Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training (MST) business segment, Sikorsky Aircraft is now known as Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company.
“Today we are proud to welcome the Sikorsky team to Lockheed Martin,” said Marillyn Hewson, Lockheed Martin chairman, president and CEO. “Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky share a legacy of innovation and performance that has shaped the history of aviation for more than a century. Together, we are even better positioned to provide the best value for our customers, employees and shareholders.”
The acquisition advances Lockheed Martin’s commitment to provide its customers with mission-ready solutions that are affordable and efficient, while expanding its core business into the growing areas of helicopter production and sustainment. Sikorsky’s ability to leverage Lockheed Martin’s scale will ensure it remains a technology leader at the forefront of vertical lift.
Dan Schultz has been named president of Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company. Schultz led the integration efforts for Lockheed Martin leading up to today’s closure and previously served as the vice president for Lockheed Martin’s Ship & Aviation Systems line of business within MST.
“Dan is a former Marine helicopter pilot and has decades of experience in the rotary-wing segment, including leading Lockheed Martin’s helicopter system integration business,” Hewson said. “He brings a wealth of leadership experience and a deep understanding of our international customer base. I am confident he is the right person to lead Sikorsky at this pivotal time.”
Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company, will retain its headquarters in Stratford, Connecticut. The line of business employs nearly 15,000 employees in 11 countries. Its helicopters are used by all five branches of the U.S. armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in 40 nations.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that – with the addition of Sikorsky – employs approximately 126,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf