The Joint Aviation Command (JAC) of the United Arab Emirates announced today it has selected the AW609 TiltRotor for search and rescue (SAR) missions. Delivery of the first three AW609 TiltRotors to the JAC, with three additional options,is expected to start in the 2019 timeframe.
The Joint Aviation Command will be the launch customer for the search and rescue variant of the AW609TiltRotor, which will include a tailored equipment configuration to meet its specific operational requirements.
The Joint Aviation Command said“The AW609’s unique speed and range characteristics, combined with its ability to hover, will dramatically increase SAR mission capabilities of the UAE’s Joint Aviation Command. We look forward to operating the AW609 TiltRotor and utilizing the speed advantage it brings.”
The Joint Aviation Command currently operates eleven AW139 helicopters for a range of missions, including SAR. The Joint Aviation Command will further expand its operational capabilities leveraging on the 275 knot maximum speed and 750 nm range of the AW609 TiltRotor. With approximately twice the speed and twice the range of a helicopter the AW609 can dramatically reduce the time it takes to reach a rescue scene.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s