The Joint Aviation Command (JAC) of the United Arab Emirates announced today it has selected the AW609 TiltRotor for search and rescue (SAR) missions. Delivery of the first three AW609 TiltRotors to the JAC, with three additional options,is expected to start in the 2019 timeframe.
The Joint Aviation Command will be the launch customer for the search and rescue variant of the AW609TiltRotor, which will include a tailored equipment configuration to meet its specific operational requirements.
The Joint Aviation Command said“The AW609’s unique speed and range characteristics, combined with its ability to hover, will dramatically increase SAR mission capabilities of the UAE’s Joint Aviation Command. We look forward to operating the AW609 TiltRotor and utilizing the speed advantage it brings.”
The Joint Aviation Command currently operates eleven AW139 helicopters for a range of missions, including SAR. The Joint Aviation Command will further expand its operational capabilities leveraging on the 275 knot maximum speed and 750 nm range of the AW609 TiltRotor. With approximately twice the speed and twice the range of a helicopter the AW609 can dramatically reduce the time it takes to reach a rescue scene.
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk