(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c6rwkv/global_offshore) has announced the addition of the “Global Offshore Helicopters Outlook to 2020 – Market Analysis by Geography, Helicopter Class (Medium, Heavy, Light), Competitive Landscape, Key Company Information – Growth Trends and Forecasts” report to their offering.
It is estimated that by 2050, world population will reach nine billion with most of the growth occurring in developing countries. Much of the population in these countries will be younger than populace of developed nations; which will create an influx of cheap labor. This availability of cheap labor will push manufacturing and other sectors towards emerging nations thereby increasing their economic growth and energy consumption. Moreover, as quality of life in these countries increases, its population will climb up the energy ladder, leading to a greater demand for energy and petro-chemicals, especially from China and India.
On back of above mentioned factors, coupled with others (like lack of proper alternative energy sources), global oil & gas demand is expected to double by 2050. To meet this demand Oil & Gas exploration is moving into deeper waters and towards unconventional sources like shale plays. As of now, thirty five percent of conventional oil is produced from offshore areas and its share is set to increase in future. This in turn will result in spending in Offshore Helicopter industry, which is expected to double (as helicopters are work horses for offshore industry).
North Sea region has largest share in global offshore helicopter market. Globally, demand for medium sized helicopters is huge and these type of helicopters have far higher market size, say half, based on segmentation by size. However, demand for large range and capacity helicopters is high in North Sea region. Bristow is the market leader in offshore helicopter services followed by CHC.
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo