(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c6rwkv/global_offshore) has announced the addition of the “Global Offshore Helicopters Outlook to 2020 – Market Analysis by Geography, Helicopter Class (Medium, Heavy, Light), Competitive Landscape, Key Company Information – Growth Trends and Forecasts” report to their offering.
It is estimated that by 2050, world population will reach nine billion with most of the growth occurring in developing countries. Much of the population in these countries will be younger than populace of developed nations; which will create an influx of cheap labor. This availability of cheap labor will push manufacturing and other sectors towards emerging nations thereby increasing their economic growth and energy consumption. Moreover, as quality of life in these countries increases, its population will climb up the energy ladder, leading to a greater demand for energy and petro-chemicals, especially from China and India.
On back of above mentioned factors, coupled with others (like lack of proper alternative energy sources), global oil & gas demand is expected to double by 2050. To meet this demand Oil & Gas exploration is moving into deeper waters and towards unconventional sources like shale plays. As of now, thirty five percent of conventional oil is produced from offshore areas and its share is set to increase in future. This in turn will result in spending in Offshore Helicopter industry, which is expected to double (as helicopters are work horses for offshore industry).
North Sea region has largest share in global offshore helicopter market. Globally, demand for medium sized helicopters is huge and these type of helicopters have far higher market size, say half, based on segmentation by size. However, demand for large range and capacity helicopters is high in North Sea region. Bristow is the market leader in offshore helicopter services followed by CHC.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit