(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c6rwkv/global_offshore) has announced the addition of the “Global Offshore Helicopters Outlook to 2020 – Market Analysis by Geography, Helicopter Class (Medium, Heavy, Light), Competitive Landscape, Key Company Information – Growth Trends and Forecasts” report to their offering.
It is estimated that by 2050, world population will reach nine billion with most of the growth occurring in developing countries. Much of the population in these countries will be younger than populace of developed nations; which will create an influx of cheap labor. This availability of cheap labor will push manufacturing and other sectors towards emerging nations thereby increasing their economic growth and energy consumption. Moreover, as quality of life in these countries increases, its population will climb up the energy ladder, leading to a greater demand for energy and petro-chemicals, especially from China and India.
On back of above mentioned factors, coupled with others (like lack of proper alternative energy sources), global oil & gas demand is expected to double by 2050. To meet this demand Oil & Gas exploration is moving into deeper waters and towards unconventional sources like shale plays. As of now, thirty five percent of conventional oil is produced from offshore areas and its share is set to increase in future. This in turn will result in spending in Offshore Helicopter industry, which is expected to double (as helicopters are work horses for offshore industry).
North Sea region has largest share in global offshore helicopter market. Globally, demand for medium sized helicopters is huge and these type of helicopters have far higher market size, say half, based on segmentation by size. However, demand for large range and capacity helicopters is high in North Sea region. Bristow is the market leader in offshore helicopter services followed by CHC.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring