(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c6rwkv/global_offshore) has announced the addition of the “Global Offshore Helicopters Outlook to 2020 – Market Analysis by Geography, Helicopter Class (Medium, Heavy, Light), Competitive Landscape, Key Company Information – Growth Trends and Forecasts” report to their offering.
It is estimated that by 2050, world population will reach nine billion with most of the growth occurring in developing countries. Much of the population in these countries will be younger than populace of developed nations; which will create an influx of cheap labor. This availability of cheap labor will push manufacturing and other sectors towards emerging nations thereby increasing their economic growth and energy consumption. Moreover, as quality of life in these countries increases, its population will climb up the energy ladder, leading to a greater demand for energy and petro-chemicals, especially from China and India.
On back of above mentioned factors, coupled with others (like lack of proper alternative energy sources), global oil & gas demand is expected to double by 2050. To meet this demand Oil & Gas exploration is moving into deeper waters and towards unconventional sources like shale plays. As of now, thirty five percent of conventional oil is produced from offshore areas and its share is set to increase in future. This in turn will result in spending in Offshore Helicopter industry, which is expected to double (as helicopters are work horses for offshore industry).
North Sea region has largest share in global offshore helicopter market. Globally, demand for medium sized helicopters is huge and these type of helicopters have far higher market size, say half, based on segmentation by size. However, demand for large range and capacity helicopters is high in North Sea region. Bristow is the market leader in offshore helicopter services followed by CHC.
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock
- HAI appoints VP of Marketing Communications
- MD Helicopters aims to overturn $7.6M Dutch Police judgement
- COVID19 – Christoph München in action with EpiShuttle