(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c6rwkv/global_offshore) has announced the addition of the “Global Offshore Helicopters Outlook to 2020 – Market Analysis by Geography, Helicopter Class (Medium, Heavy, Light), Competitive Landscape, Key Company Information – Growth Trends and Forecasts” report to their offering.
It is estimated that by 2050, world population will reach nine billion with most of the growth occurring in developing countries. Much of the population in these countries will be younger than populace of developed nations; which will create an influx of cheap labor. This availability of cheap labor will push manufacturing and other sectors towards emerging nations thereby increasing their economic growth and energy consumption. Moreover, as quality of life in these countries increases, its population will climb up the energy ladder, leading to a greater demand for energy and petro-chemicals, especially from China and India.
On back of above mentioned factors, coupled with others (like lack of proper alternative energy sources), global oil & gas demand is expected to double by 2050. To meet this demand Oil & Gas exploration is moving into deeper waters and towards unconventional sources like shale plays. As of now, thirty five percent of conventional oil is produced from offshore areas and its share is set to increase in future. This in turn will result in spending in Offshore Helicopter industry, which is expected to double (as helicopters are work horses for offshore industry).
North Sea region has largest share in global offshore helicopter market. Globally, demand for medium sized helicopters is huge and these type of helicopters have far higher market size, say half, based on segmentation by size. However, demand for large range and capacity helicopters is high in North Sea region. Bristow is the market leader in offshore helicopter services followed by CHC.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO