Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp. (P&WC) has expanded on-wing mobile repair team (MRT) capabilities and line maintenance options for operators of its PT6T, PT6C and PW207E helicopter engines in the Middle East. P&WC’s Customer Service Centre Europe is welcoming Gulf Helicopters Company (GHC), as a Premium Service Provider in the region. GHC will be able to serve operators throughout the Middle East from its base in Doha, State of Qatar.
A number of our PT6T engines (powering the Bell 212/412) and PT6C engines (powering the AW139) located in the Middle East are actually owned by GHC, says Tim Swail, Vice President, Customer Programs, P&WC. By being part of our Premium Service Providers network, GHC will be able to perform its own on-wing line maintenance on its P&WC-powered fleet and also offer its services to other operators in the region on behalf of P&WC’s Customer Service Centre Europe.
For 45 years, GHC has been providing helicopter support services to clients in the oil and gas business throughout the Middle East, Asia, Africa, North Africa, Europe and CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) Countries. With its Premium Service Provider status, and as the fleet continues to grow, GHC will be able to provide additional MRT capacity in the region with rapid access and extended reach to help reduce costs and delays for operators. GHC will be a one-stop location for engine MRT, airframe and training support.
It is critical for us to expand in-region on-wing MRT support for our Middle East customer base, says Swail. GHC offers choice, reach and service quality.
Mohamed Al Mohannadi, CEO of Gulf Helicopters, states We welcome Pratt & Whitney Canada’s decision to choose Gulf Helicopters as a Premium Service Provider to support their Middle East customers. GHC has been a customer of P&WC since introducing a Bell 212 helicopter into our fleet 35 years ago.
In addition to off-shore oil and gas support, GHC also provides a full range of on-shore specialized flight services such as seismic support, load lifting, executive transport, emergency medical services and civil construction.
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels