SD FlightLogs is the first web-based system designed to intuitively manage aircraft flight log data reducing manual user input. It gives the aircraft operator a smart system that includes user guidance, virtually eliminates human error, and provides access to flight data in real-time. SD FlightLogs provides pilots, maintenance and flight operations personnel with the ability to stay in sync with their aircraft anywhere in the world.
“It doesn’t make sense when you have a multi-million dollar aircraft equipped with state-of-the-art technology and you’re still using paper flight logs,” said Jim Jensen founder and CEO of Satcom Direct (SD). “SD FlightLogs is an electronic solution to the manual process of recording OFF/ON times. It auto-captures flight data so that you’ve not only eliminated the paper, you’ve created a database of movement and maintenance information that can be tracked over the life of the aircraft.”
SD FlightLogs is powered by SD’s FlightDeck Freedom® (FDF). SD FlightLogs auto captures data, calculating and recording flight time and cycle events while creating an electronic record documenting all flight information leg by leg. It creates an efficient, common platform for all operational users from pilot to maintenance and scheduler. Team members access information from three primary screens: fleet overview, trip list and trip details, allowing them to view high-level summary data or detailed flight events for each leg of a trip. SD FlightLogs issmart device compatible and is the latest “first” in business aviation for Satcom Direct.
SD FlightLogs is the first web-based system designed to intuitively manage aircraft flight log data reducing manual user input. It gives the aircraft operator a smart system that includes user guidance, virtually eliminates human error, and provides access to flight data in real-time.
About Satcom Direct: Satcom Direct (SD) provides global connectivity solutions for business and general aviation, military, government, and heads of state aircraft, as well as operations in areas with connectivity limitations such as remote locations, large scale events, and disaster recovery. SD is a technology innovator. Since 1997, its teams have worked to advance the technology of connectivity, making SD the first in the marketplace to deliver numerous advancements and capabilities. The company is a premier Inmarsat Distribution Partner (including Jet ConneX), Iridium Service Partner, ViaSat Yonder’s preferred reseller, and the Exclusive Service Provider for SmartSky Networks.
The SD world headquarters and primary operations centre is located in Melbourne, Florida, with additional office locations in the United States, Canada, UK, UAE, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Australia, Russia, Brazil, and South Africa. For more information regarding SD, visit www.satcomdirect.com, e-mail [email protected], or call U.S. +1.321.777.3000 or UK +44.1252.554.460.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf