FlightSafety announces that it has been selected by the Los Angeles Police Department Air Support Unit to provide training for the Airbus Helicopters AS350 B3. The training will include use of the first Level D qualified simulator for the AS350 B3 and take place at FlightSafety’s new Learning Center in Denver, Colorado once it opens in 2017.
“FlightSafety is honored that the LAPD Air Support Unit has expanded its agreement with FlightSafety to include training for the Airbus Helicopters AS350 B3,” said Steve Gross, Vice President, Sales. “Offering training for single-engine helicopters using Level D qualified simulators demonstrates FlightSafety’s commitment to enhance safety by providing training using simulators qualified to the highest standard.”
“We are pleased to be the first law enforcement agency to sign with FlightSafety for the upcoming Airbus Helicopters AS350 B3 training program that will offer a Level D simulator,” said Officer Kevin Gallagher, Chief Pilot of the Air Support Unit. “We appreciate and value the quality and effectiveness of FlightSafety’s King Air 200 and Bell 412 programs, and look forward to training at the new Learning Center in Denver.”
The new Learning Center will offer simulators for the single-engine Airbus Helicopters AS350 B3, Airbus Helicopters H130, and Bell 407GXP helicopters. The Airbus Helicopters H135 simulator that is currently located at FlightSafety’s Learning Center in Dallas, Texas will be the first simulator to be installed. The remaining three will enter service once FlightSafety completes the design, development, and manufacture of the simulators.
The new Level D qualified FlightSafety FS1000 simulators will be equipped with the industry-leading VITAL 1100 visual system, CrewView glass mirror display, electric motion control and cueing, and advanced instructor operating station.
The Denver Center will also offer classrooms and a full complement of Customer service areas. It will be expanded in the future to accommodate additional full flight simulators as required.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Les Bergeronne, Canada
- 04-Aug-20 TG-PME Airbus AS350 Chisec, Guatemala (1F)
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile