Today at the New Zealand Defence Industry Association (NZDIA) annual forum, CAE announced it has commenced the provision of maintenance and support services on the New Zealand Defence Force’s (NZDF) SH-2G(I) helicopter synthetic training devices.
The NZDF recently recommissioned a SH-2G(I) Full-Mission Flight Simulator (FMFS), which was acquired as part of the acquisition of ten SH-2G(I) helicopters. Over the past year, CAE installed the SH-2G(I) FMFS as well as six SH-2G(I) part-task trainers at Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) Base Auckland. CAE New Zealand Pty Ltd, with initial assistance from its subcontractor Beca Applied Technologies Ltd, will provide on-site maintenance and support services for the next 15 years.
“Our CAE New Zealand team is committed to providing world-class maintenance services that will help ensure the availability of the SH-2G(I) training devices that support the NZDF’s training program,” said Peter Redman, Vice President and General Manager, CAE Asia/Pacific, Defence & Security. “We look forward to a long-term partnership that will contribute to the safety and readiness of the NZDF’s SH-2G(I) helicopter aircrews.”
Over the next year, CAE will also perform major updates to the SH-2G(I) FMFS, including updates to the host computer, sensor systems, tactical environment simulation software, and the instructor operator station. The SH-2G(I) FMFS will also be upgraded using the latest-generation CAE Medallion-6000 image generator and Common Database (CDB) architecture.
CAE’s Defence & Security business unit focuses on helping prepare our customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness. We are a world-class training systems integrator offering a comprehensive portfolio of training centres, training services and simulation products across the air, land, sea and public safety market segments. We serve our global defence and security customers through regional operations in Canada; the United States/Latin America; Europe/Middle East/Africa; and Asia/Pacific, all of which leverage the full breadth of CAE’s capabilities, technologies and solutions.
CAE is a global leader in delivery of training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. We design and integrate the industry’s most comprehensive training solutions, anchored by the knowledge and expertise of our 8,000 employees, our world-leading simulation technologies and a track record of service and technology innovation spanning seven decades. Our global presence is the broadest in the industry, with 160 sites and training locations in 35 countries, including our joint venture operations, and the world’s largest installed base of flight simulators. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crew members, as well as thousands of healthcare professionals. www.cae.com
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC