Robinson Helicopter Company plans to debut the R44 Cadet, a two place R44, in the first quarter of 2016. While suitable for a wide variety of utilitarian applications, Robinson developed the Cadet with the training market in mind.
The Cadet retains the same basic airframe, rotor system, and Lycoming O-540-F1B5 engine as the R44 Raven I; however, the rear seats have been removed and the aft compartment reconfigured for cargo. Maximum gross weight is 2200 lb (200 lb less than the Raven I). Engine power is derated to 210 HP takeoff/185 HP continuous (down from 225/205 HP in the Raven I). The lower weight and derated power provide increased performance margins at high altitudes. Also, with a newly designed muffler, the Cadet’s flyover noise signature is more than three decibels lower than the current R44 Raven I.
A variety of optional equipment will be available including air conditioning, autopilot, and avionic packages optimized for VFR or IFR training.
FAA certification is well underway with final flight tests expected before the end of the year. The base price for the Cadet will be lower than the R44 Raven I and will be announced prior to Heli-Expo 2016.
- 18-Nov-20 N442JP Robinson R44 Austell, US-Georgia
- R44 Cadet Enters Service with ICE Helicopters
- Air Florida Helicopter Charters voluntarily files for Chapter 11 protection
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- 20-Oct-20 RA-04327 Robinson R44 Bobrovskoye, Russia (4F)
- 19-Oct-20 N31136 Robinson R44 Washington Island, US-Wisconsin
- 16-Oct-20 N500DL Robinson R44 Pahrump, US-Nevada
- 03-Oct-20 C-FSSU Robinson R44 II Nottawasaga, Canada
- 12-Sep-20 N537BC Robinson R44 Willow, US-Alaska
- 29-Aug-20 B-7537 Robinson R44 Longnan, China (1F)
- 28-Aug-20 C-____ Robinson R44 New Liskeard, Canada
- Robinson R44 – FAA AD 2020-18-08 – Engine Air Intake System
- 26-Aug-20 RA-04393 Robinson R44 Krasnaya Polyana, Russia
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- 08-Aug-20 N89LA Robinson R44 Logan, US-Iowa
- 06-Aug-20 N61MX Robinson R44 Ashton, US-Idaho
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- Estonian Air Force starts retirement of the Robinson R44
- 26-Jul-20 G-WTWT Robinson R44 II Herne Bay, UK